Need help with component choices

I wish I could give them a listen. Although the area I live in is decently populated and keeps growing, the car audio stores are in decline. And of the places that are still around (not including the Best Buy's and Circuit City's), they all carry the same mass-produced brands (Alpine, JL, Boston, Rockford, Sony, Pioneer, etc.). I did listen to some of the newer Boston Pro's and even the expensive JL xr's, but I wasn't overly impressed. This was, however, in a shop where the set of speakers were separated by about 10ft. Im sure those 2 sets would sound way better than my Quarts in the car.
It seems things are in decline around here too, but a few shops are hanging in there. Here's a link to the website with Morel dealer locations. The shop that I purchased these from told me that Morel is very picky about who carries there products (could be a sales pitch but I have known these guys for a while).

http://www.morelhifi.com/dealer/index_dealers.php?q=mobile

Maybe a road trip to check out some other brands.

I have listen to Hertz and they are very nice but a little bit more money and not really better than the Morels to my ears.

Do you honestly think that 5-10#'s of deadener is going to hurt the performance of your car? Deaden your doors to help the midbass. Have you tried the tweeters off-axis, reversed the polarity, cut them at 8-12Khz? Just a few simple things that might help, but perhaps they're not the tweeter for you.

I run Crystal comps in the GF's car with a titanium tweeter and I had to cut them to -6, otherwise they were obnoxiously bright...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.