Need help with choosing the right system

I won't be able to offer much advice, but one piece is to also budget for a custom enclosure. See what type of space you have to work with/want to give up, and the size/number of subs you want to do. Then go from there. What do you currently have?

With $500-600 I would suggest 1st getting a descent headunit and replacing all of your stock speakers. Then if there's any $ left over after that I would start getting your wiring together & getting it ran. Once you have your wiring all ran & ready to go then all you will need to do is add amp(s) & sub(s) & deaden any rattles you encounter... by that time maybe you will have more $ to get something you will really like that will last you...

Sorry, I'm new to this but I already got that stuff. I just need help replacing this
ZFEl62F6Yf
If I buy a loaded enclosure of 2 12 kicker comp, would I need to buy an extra power source

So $5-6 hundred for amp, sibs, and enclosure?

How much room you looking to give up. 2 sealed is close to 1 ported as far as air space goes.

Sealed I would recommend sundown sd series. With audioipe amp to get you started.and have some $ left for an enclosures.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a alpine mrv-f250 amp, a sony headunit, 10 inch rockford fosgate punch he sub with a nice size hole in it, not sure about wiring, and not sure about the speakers. My stepfather passed the car on to me. He had that stuff installed by an car audio shop forever ago

Keep the amplifer, use it to power your speakers.

Keep the head unit.

Throw away the subwoofer.

hold onto the speakers for now.

Spend all your money on 2 subs, an amplifier, and a wiring kit.

Aim for a system with 2 ten inch subs, and around 1000watts rms amplifier, then you will need wiring for all of this, get an amplifier kit with at least 4 gauge power wire.

The reason I am aiming for this for a setup, is because you want 2 subs, I think 2 10s will be good for the limited air space you have in your vehicle, also this will save money, and require less power.

Less power requirements mean you hopefully will not need a new battery, new alternator (very expensive), will also help with budget.

Now you want most of your budget going toward your amplifier, a good chunk going towards the subs, and a smaller ammount for the wiring kit.

say 350 for amp, 200 for subs, and 50-60 for wiring kit

Looking at your budget for a setup like this I would recomend these things:

subwoofers:alpine/infinity/ssa/Dayton audio/TC Sounds.

Amplifiers:audiopipe/sound quebed/precision power/mb quart.

I've been recommending this a lot lately... but here goes
2 10 or 12 inch Strato subs - $70 to $95 each

800.1 Amp - $155

4ga Amp kit - about $30

Custom enclosure from Double 07 - varies

All (other than enclosure) can be had here

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/audio-technix/576119-audio-technix-blowout-sale.html
That is a really great way to get a budget system that could potentially do some damage. the only reason I don't suggest the same thing is to leave people with options, the other reason is they have not been making these products very long and not much is known of their performance/durability yet.

However on the other hand this company is awesome, those are great prices on some good looking equipment i'm actually picking up an amp myself.

That is a really great way to get a budget system that could potentially do some damage. the only reason I don't suggest the same thing is to leave people with options, the other reason is they have not been making these products very long and not much is known of their performance/durability yet.
However on the other hand this company is awesome, those are great prices on some good looking equipment i'm actually picking up an amp myself.
The prices are amazing. If there were any larger amps you can bet I'd have it right now. I'm currently using their 60mil deadener and I'm satisfied with it. I also like giving people options, it's just that this is such a steal for brand new equipment right now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.