need help with bx1500d amp hookup

ckarls2000
10+ year member

I just bought the BX1500d amp. and it will be powering 2 L712" Kickers at 1 ohm.

I was told it would be good to go with 4 ga wire.

What else do i need to hook up the amp?

I know i need a fuse and a battery terminal thingy but what exactly should i get? and what would be a good location?

Is there anything else that i will need to get besides speaker wire and the inputs from the stereo.

Is there any recommendations?

the above would be good. Wal Mart also sells a very nice 4ga kit, with everything you need, ie: terminals, wiring, flex loom, fuse, zip ties, etc... (and a little more - it comes with a distro block and wires you could use if you add another amp in the future) for $25.00.

abe m.

so will the wal-mart wiring kit have all i need fuse wise?

i already have the rca cables and signal wire.

the 4 ga amp kit at knukonceptz.com says that it has an 80 amp fuse is that enough for a 1 BX1500d amp. if not can i still hook it up without having to buy new parts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.