need help with baffle

Participant count
  • Participant list

loudenuff

CarAudio.com Elite
WA gwon?
I have 2 re scx 12s and I can't seem to get the baffle right. it says 11.3 diameter for the basket but it won't fit. I kept trimming it until it fit but then then it's too big to get screws in!! so now I have an airleak from the sub cut out. can someone tell me how I'm supposed to fix this

post a pic but your options are rebaffle it or lay on a adapter ring. Sometimes the sub has a rounded inside profile on the lip. The way to open the hole up so it will seal is to lightly sand off the edge like a radius or 45 in the baffle cutout.

post a pic but your options are rebaffle it or lay on a adapter ring. Sometimes the sub has a rounded inside profile on the lip. The way to open the hole up so it will seal is to lightly sand off the edge like a radius or 45 in the baffle cutout.
it's on a prefab I'm using until I get my custom built. it's the braces on,the basket, if you look at a pic of the sub the braces are really wide. I just can't seem to get it right

it's on a prefab I'm using until I get my custom built. it's the braces on,the basket, if you look at a pic of the sub the braces are really wide. I just can't seem to get it right

few years ago while i was gettin a box built i had same problem. bought some adapter rings and trimmed the rings up enough to get a real good snug fit around the lip f the frame. then layed the baffle down and glued it and screwed it. had to trim the baffle up a bit as well. or youll just grab the outer edges of the baffle and rings with your screws and out comes your sub when your thumpin.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.