Need help with an Accord

Participant count
  • Participant list

elemenop

Hey guys,

I'm sure you've seen a million variations of this post in the past, but I've read/searched for the past few days and I'm not any closer to making my decision yet. Hopefully you can help?

I'm not looking for anything earth-shaking. I'm only concerned with it sounding good in my car. My intention is to keep the stock head unit in my 2011 Accord EX. I picked up an audio control LC2I and hooked up a Bazooka tube (thinking this is all I'd ever need) and it sounds like garbage, so I sent that back.

I really dig those zenclosures boxes, and by what I've read here, they're pretty good. I want to keep this install as non intrusive as possible by taking up the absolute least amount of trunk space. I was kind of leaning towards getting a sealed box since again, I'm not interested in anything too crazy.

I'm cool going with the ported zenclosure box if you think it's best - I think it's tuned to 34hz. what's the difference between slotted and ported if it's tuned to the same frequency? Aesthetics?

For the amplifier, I was looking at the Alpine PDX-M6 or the Soundqubed Q1-750wx1

Now for the sub. I cant decide at all. I keep going back from the SoundQubed HDS212-D2 and the Alpine Type R. I'm going back and forth between two 10" subs or one 12". I know the Alpine isn't all that great, from what I've read here. The HDS212 should go into a sealed box to shine? Any other suggestions with the above setup? Anything I'm missing? I want to try to keep this as budget as possible.

Thanks everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
a fiberglass sealed enclosure in the rear passenger corner will sound great, look great, and maximize storage space. i like matching brands in the system, so an Alpine Type-R and Alpine PDX amp is a fine combination. JL Audio has some nice options as well, at several price points. They also have some prefab enclosures that are just plain awesome - they use patented port systems for surprising output and clarity (but they are pricey). Maybe you can get a good deal on an amp used.

where did you tap the factory system for the LOC? did you verify the rears get a full-range signal? does your car have a factory sub?

A ported 12 will need a pretty decent sized box to sound adequate and perform to its best ability. Go with a 10" sub and get a custom built enclosure ported. Or as stated above if you can have a fiberglass enclosure built into the rear corner of the car. But if your going with ported a 10" or a 12 sealed.

It does have a factory sub. I disconnected the lead and tapped off of that.
While I love the look of that JL stealthbox, It just doesn't seem practical. $700 for a 10" sub and a box. I feel like i'd be in the exact same boat I was in with that Bazooka Tube.

For the box, i'm going with one of these for sure:

Custom Sub Enclosure | Affordable Sub Box

Well if your set on those boxes dont bother with the hds because they need more port area than those boxes offer. and they dont like sealed boxes. Theyre meant for ported.

Well if your set on those boxes dont bother with the hds because they need more port area than those boxes offer. and they dont like sealed boxes. Theyre meant for ported.
That's what I was afraid of. Well... I'm open to ideas. Based on the 2 constants which is one of those boxes and about 600 watts, what would be my best bet as far as a sub? I'm leaning towards a single 12". I'm more interested in SQ over SPL.

Thanks again for your help!

That's what I was afraid of. Well... I'm open to ideas. Based on the 2 constants which is one of those boxes and about 600 watts, what would be my best bet as far as a sub? I'm leaning towards a single 12". I'm more interested in SQ over SPL.
Thanks again for your help!
well whats your budget? i say get the aero ported box and seal the port that way you'll have a nice sealed 1.6 box. but a w6 12 would probably work well in that box a little pricey though... unless you get used

No set budget. Just mostly looking for quality. I'm not against buying it in pieces.

Last question I promise. Now you have me thinking about where I tapped for the LOC. Is it a problem that I used the factory sub wires to connect to the LOC?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.