Which brand made the biggest oldschool sound quality, graphic band equalizer with the most band settings

masterblaster1

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
May 27, 2020
Manitoba
Hi, I am looking to see here ,if anyone knows who made the best sound quality graphic equalizer, and had the most graphic band settings. I am just used to seeing 9 band, and 11 band slider graphic equalizers. There must have been quality old-school sound quality companies that specialized in competition equalizers with more eq settings to get a more dialed in sound,Thanks

OP
M

masterblaster1

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
May 27, 2020
Manitoba
To the poster that stated audio control, Which model number was that. To the poster who chimed in with sparkomatic, I will let the post stand, to show how you always chime in with stupid useless comments

OP
M

masterblaster1

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
May 27, 2020
Manitoba
Hi, To the posters who posted about the phoenix gold eq 230 and the other poster who chimed in about the hifonics VII pegasis eq Do these equalizers have rca outputs for front out, rear out and subwoofer output for your amplifiers to be each hooked up to, Also do they have a fader to fade from front speakers to rear speakers,If they do, then you guys are on to something here to help my old-school sound quality build. Also both say 1/3 orcave what does this mean,Is this better or worse,and can both of these be considered sound quality equalizers. I know hifonics is since I run their hifonics V III amp,but have no experience with the phonix gold,though from pics from the link sent,thanks for that,that it is quality.Thanks

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Hi, To the posters who posted about the phoenix gold eq 230 and the other poster who chimed in about the hifonics VII pegasis eq Do these equalizers have rca outputs for front out, rear out and subwoofer output for your amplifiers to be each hooked up to, Also do they have a fader to fade from front speakers to rear speakers,If they do, then you guys are on to something here to help my old-school sound quality build. Also both say 1/3 orcave what does this mean,Is this better or worse,and can both of these be considered sound quality equalizers. I know hifonics is since I run their hifonics V III amp,but have no experience with the phonix gold,though from pics from the link sent,thanks for that,that it is quality.Thanks
This may be one of the easier reads to understand about 1/3 Octive. I dont pretend to know, as there is more of information that can be reviewed and search for your understanding.

I personally have never used the P.Gold Eq in the Past due to never being able to afford one. Before I could ever afford an Indash unit.. The closet Ive ever used was A Sony XEC 1000 back then, other than that were the Cheapie Coustic 3 ways

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Several Car Audio Shops ran those back then.
P. Gold as well as PPI ArtSeries were the most of the Premium of those Octive Eqs that I can Remember back in the late 80s and early 90s. Hi Fonics were sliding in there as well as RF( I believe they had one in the early 90s?, later Sony (I was able to afford ) and Autoteks BTS series 7006 series I believe(Always wanted one of those)$$$

1aespinoza

May 22, 2013
Pharr, Texas
Several Car Audio Shops ran those back then.

P. Gold as well as PPI ArtSeries were the most of the Premium of those Octive Eqs that I can Remember back in the late 80s and early 90s. Hi Fonics were sliding in there as well as RF( I believe they had one in the early 90s?, later Sony (I was able to afford ) and Autoteks BTS series 7006 series I believe(Always wanted one of those)$$$
Let us not forget Carver.

Reactions: audiobaun

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
I used to run this version of Amps as well

OP
M

masterblaster1

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
May 27, 2020
Manitoba
Hi, Just getting back in, I see a lot of quality options from you guys, Nice to hear from all you, old-school glory days of car audio guys. I myself go back to 1987 in listening terms. We had very good sound back then, and never had or needed a fancy computer controlled dsp to do it,That's were I'm head back to, A simpler time,Yet high end sound quality,Also thanks to the poster for the 1/3 octave eq write up. Everybodys help has been gratly appreciated,and none of it taken for granted.

1aespinoza

May 22, 2013
Pharr, Texas
That's were I'm head back to, A simpler time
I just did that yesterday. Took out the system to have truck serviced (backed up into a pole), and decided to use some of my old amps. I went with Coustic Power Logic. Amp260 for highs and Amp360 for lows. For sub, I used an old JL Audio 8" Enclosed Microsub that I got on Craigslist a couple of weeks ago. Did I need it, no. Did I want it, does a bear shit in the woods? I had forgotten that Coustic sounded pretty good, so now I am diggin' it. Roots baby!

1aespinoza

May 22, 2013
Pharr, Texas
I use to run 3 of the Coustic 380 amps back in like 91 when Incredible Universe was open. I could light a Cigarette on the sub amp.. LOL
An old Majestic amp that I ran with a couple of 6x9s used to get super hot. I mean, you could not leave your hand on that thing over a few seconds. Never shut off or reduced power, just vexing. It ended up getting stolen. Damn near broke mah lil' teenage heart it did. Yup.

OP
M

masterblaster1

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
May 27, 2020
Manitoba
Nice to still see old-school simple times are still alive here on these forums.No stupid radioactive computer or a dsp needed to get good sound like is always touted as needed to get quality high end sound Richard clarks grand national never needed them and neither do we.I,ll be country cruising down memory lane in a couple of hours enjoying old-school goodness.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)

• L

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds