Need help with AM Tuner!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kibouchi

Hi guys,

First post on here. I actually don't know much about car audio, however with the help of a friend that knows a thing or two I bought a Clarion NX404 for my honda CR-V and we installed it last night. Everything works great except the Radio. We hooked the radio up, and the FM tuners work perfectly. However, when I switch to AM it's mostly static, no matter what station I try and tune to. If you turn the volume up really loud you can faintly hear people talking through the static, so I know some sort of signal is getting through.

This is a pain because my wife's favorite radio station is on the AM tuner and she can't listen to it on the way to work anymore. Anyone experience anything like this? It was working just fine on the factory stereo that came with the vehicle.

So I've tried going into settings and messing with the properties. There really aren't many to mess with and what little there were didn't do anything to change the quality. I also tried consulting the manual, which didn't offer any troubleshooting in that area either. Judging by the fact that the software seems to be functioning just fine, I'm led to believe that it's a hardware issue (something isn't hooked up properly), but we hooked the antenna back in and FM is working great. Is there something separate I was supposed to hook in for AM?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks much.

OK - that model has one antenna on the roof for both AM & FM. Are you sure you used the correct adapter and plugged it fully into the new radio's antenna cable?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.