Need help with a simple sealed .8cf box for 2 8's.

Participant count
  • Participant list

disturbed471985
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
No i dnt need one built and I have no money all I need is a cut sheet for a sealed box for 2 8's that is

.8cf. I just need a cut sheet really thats all nothing mor nothing less. Help me out guys..

Max height - 10"

Max length - 20"

Max depth - 12"

Subs will be fired up. Just a simple cut sheet nothing fancy just a sealed box help a bro out

OD = 10h x 12d x 18w
Cuts kinda depend on how you put it together though. But (2) 16.5" x 11.25", (2) 16.5 x 9.25 and (2) 12 x 10's would do it.
I assume its in order as top/bottom, front/back/, sides?? Just need a rectangle box just plain as hell.

I assume its in order as top/bottom, front/back/, sides?? Just need a rectangle box just plain as hell.
Yeah. I guess for simplicity's sake you could just do (2) 18 x 12's, (2) 18 x 8.5's and (2) 12 x 10's.

That way, you just sandwich the front/back between the top and bottom and slap on the ends.

Half inch mdf good for 8's only sharing a good 300watts. Weight is of some issue as well as cost. No its not for me for a co worker.
I would think so. That changes the dimensions a bit though. Box will have a bit more airspace with 1/2" and the same dimensions. Doubt it matters a ton. Lol.

Be warned... 1/2" is a pain in the nuts to get a screw into.

I would think so. That changes the dimensions a bit though. Box will have a bit more airspace with 1/2" and the same dimensions. Doubt it matters a ton. Lol.

Be warned... 1/2" is a pain in the nuts to get a screw into.
Yea its for 2 infinity 8's so he knows he want be beating no blocks down so the slight change in cf should make lil to no difference. I planned on just using clamps to hold it till it dries. Seems to wrk for me. Thx alot taylor..

That box won't weigh much, I'd stick with 3/4". Made one of similar size for my 8's with 3/4 ply and it's really light.
Being he only has 300rms from a RF 301s we are going with one in a 1cf ported box and selling the other to help cover cost of wirse and whatnot...

also for future reference, you could you the12volt.com, go to sub box calculator. and put in your dementions with thickness of wood. it will tell you your volume! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

also for future reference, you could you the12volt.com, go to sub box calculator. and put in your dementions with thickness of wood. it will tell you your volume! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Mehh sounds like to much work for me thats why I have yall guys..

seems as though it would be easier than making a thread on here.. or at least the same effort but you don't have to wait.
Tru but being this forum has been dead for months whats one more useless thread?? Should I have asked if my kicker comps would pair up nice to my boss 3000watt amp?? Would that make it worthy??

Tru but being this forum has been dead for months whats one more useless thread?? Should I have asked if my kicker comps would pair up nice to my boss 3000watt amp?? Would that make it worthy??
of course it would! lol.. sense thats pretty much all we have now adays to talk about..

that and some random for sell stuff..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.