need help wiring new 6x9.'s

Participant count
  • Participant list

spineshank456

hey, i just bought a pair of infinity kappa 693.5i 6x9's (110 rms, 330 max). i have both a rockford fosgate 160a2 and a 360a2. im not sure if the 360a2 will be too much power for the speakers. also, they came with a "crossover for inline connection", its a little box for each speaker that goes to the amp, can i use this without an amp for the next week untill my friend gets back to wire it to the amp. also i already have a amp kit for my subs, do i need another one? if not how will i set this one up also? sorry for all the ?'s, but thanks.

the speakers are 4 ohm so the 360*2 will probably run about 180*2 @4 ohms and be fine. Generally crossovers (xo's) run after the amp to filter wha frequencies go to which speaker (or more importantly, which ones dont go to you 6*9's). You need an amp somewhere, you could run off your head unit for a while (which is what i think you implied). What other amps are you running that you think you need another kit? generally you would just run bigger wire to a distro to run additional amps (which is again what I think you were impliing). share somemore details about what you want to do so we can help you more.

thanks for the help....i tried wiring it without an amp, using the crossover that came with the speakers, and it didnt work, i than tried to just wire it straight to each set of prongs. the first set didnt work so i tryed the other and that also didnt work. in about a week ill have some one here that knows what there doing, so should i just rewire the factory speakers untill he gets here?? thanks again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.