Need Help! What to upgrade first?

Participant count
  • Participant list

fz3r0
10+ year member

Ohio
Hello fellow CA members, I have a question for you!

I just got my extreme budget system hooked up and it dosent sound quite bad for what I paid for everything! Complete system with Pioneer DEH-P4900IB, Planet Audio Big Bang 150.4 4channel amp, wiring kit, and powerbass pbx 12" woofer and sealed box I got all for $120! Not a bad price eh? My buddy gave me the sub and box for free, so without it I wouldn't be bumping at all!

So here is my question, I plan on running 2 alpine type-r 12" woofers 2ohm dvc, I am currently on a limited budget right now and want to know what upgrade would do the most good in my current setup. I can get a slot ported box for 2 12"s tuned at 40hz and put the pbx in one side of it temporarily(the woofer chambers are separate from each other), OR I can buy 1 type-r and throw it in the box I have right now. What upgrade do you think would do the most good in my current setup? I only have enough money right now to buy the box or 1 sub, what would your choice be? Oh one more thing, I think the reason he gave the sub and box to me free was because the back has a hole in the enclosure as you will see in the pictures, kinda defeats the purpose of a sealed box!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

xq9m6r.jpg

2laerh4.jpg

2vv5dw8.jpg

Im looking mainly for spl by the way. Here are some pictures //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thank you everyone for your input!

I would try building it myself but I'm not that good at carpentry nor do I have the proper tools and clamps, or cloth etc.. to cover it up. Plus I live in a small apartment, its just not too feasible to me currently //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

There is a local business that builds boxes to the spec you need, and to me its worth it.

Anyone else? I'm currently leaning towards a new box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.