Need help what all do I need for wiring?

Participant count
  • Participant list

amb3cog

Okay so I'm putting a new system in my 2002 Chevy(Geo) Prizm (really Toyota Corolla). And I want to know everything I need to get.

System:

Head Unit:Not sure yet.

Amp:precision Power P900.5

Fronts: 6.5 components trying to buy B2 ES 6.1's on here. 4 Ohm

Rears:Some mid bass 6.5's eventually.

Sub:polk DB1212 12' DVC @2 Ohm in vented enclosure

Will be running Fronts @ 4 Ohm so 70x2

Sub @ 2 Ohm so 440x1

Mids???

So what should I get? Amp kit 4 gauge? Big 3 or 4 upgrade? 1, or more farad capacitor?

Twisted Pair RCA's?

I need a comprehensive list so I can order everything. Please any help/ideas would be great. If anyone has a list they made for themselves that would be great.

Oh and tools. What will I need? Wire cutter, stripper, large cable crimpers??????

Basically I haven't done this in over 20 years. Please help an old dude!!!

Thanks in advance;//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What's your budget your willing to spend? For HU if you want the most bang for your money the Pioneer 80prs is the way to go, I would do the big 3 in 1/0 or 2/0, for RCA's I love KnuKoncepts been using them for years, ditch the capacitor an get a good agm battery if you need it.

1/0 welding wire is a great choice for power/ground... temco, eb flex and royal excelene

pass on a cap.. extra battery in rear will do ALOT more good

1/0 welding wire is a great choice for power/ground... temco, eb flex and royal excelene
pass on a cap.. extra battery in rear will do ALOT more good
To run a 5 ch amp? It's not gonna do any good if he were to stick with an upgraded battery under the hood. And if he does the big 3, should be fine afterwords.

To run a 5 ch amp? It's not gonna do any good if he were to stick with an upgraded battery under the hood. And if he does the big 3, should be fine afterwords.
over looked he has 5 channel amp... lol good agm under hood and call it a day

Okay so I just got a new battery in my car, but that's not good enough? If so what one is best for least $ ? It looks like I need a group 35 battery for it.

Also what size wiring? Will 4 gauge do it? I think that amp might only have 4 gauge connectors???

Should I get some thicker stuff for big 3? I see people selling the welding wire on here.

If so what connectors will I need to do it?

What tools?

Sorry but I'm trying to figure this out in a hurry. I don't mind doing my own research. Just don't have the time.

Oh and I have like $700 for install and head unit. Don't really want to spend it all, unless I have too. Was thinking of just grabbing a $100 head unit, and upgrading later. Just need to get it in my car next week for a few reasons. I can make it nicer later. Right now just need all the hard work out of the way. I can swap stuff out later on. But I'd rather have a working okay system then waiting for a great one. I can always sell the cheap head unit. Just worried about 2v or 2.5v pre outs is all. But it's only temporary.

And I use my car for work. So I'd rather spend money on battery etc. and be sure my car starts and runs every day then on a fancy head unit. There's some nice double din ones from Kenwood and Pioneer with 3 sets of pre outs 13 band eq BT, USB, Aux etc in the $100 range. Pioneer is 2v Kenwood 2.5v Pioneer seems nicer, except for that.

Whatever power/ground wire that amp will take, use that same size. Knukonceptz makes some nice amp install kits and is 55 bucks. I happen to have one and can't go wrong with quality stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.