Need help urgent!!

Tyguy364

Ok so today i was installing a new deck into my friends gmc 2500HD and when i was done there is no sound coming out of the speakers but the subs are still playing. I have no idea what to look for as i have never had this problem before. It is hardwired in but ive never had an issue with the 7 other decks that i have hardwired in my life. I used all of the proper wiring diagrams and everything is hooked up correctly but there is just no sound from the speakers just the subs. Any help would be greatly appriciated

as i am desperate to figure out what is wrong and fix it for the customer.

Ok so today i was installing a new deck into my friends gmc 2500HD and when i was done there is no sound coming out of the speakers but the subs are still playing. I have no idea what to look for as i have never had this problem before. It is hardwired in but ive never had an issue with the 7 other decks that i have hardwired in my life. I used all of the proper wiring diagrams and everything is hooked up correctly but there is just no sound from the speakers just the subs. Any help would be greatly appriciatedas i am desperate to figure out what is wrong and fix it for the customer.
Can you describe what the rest of the system is? What amps, speakers, connections?

The deck is a panisonic cq-c1305u and the amp powering the sub is a 1000w sony xplode connected to 2 mtx subs. The subs are playing the bass but there is no sound comig from the speakers. I have all the right wires connected as i have the diagrams for both the truck and the stereo.

The deck is a panisonic cq-c1305u and the amp powering the sub is a 1000w sony xplode connected to 2 mtx subs. The subs are playing the bass but there is no sound comig from the speakers. I have all the right wires connected as i have the diagrams for both the truck and the stereo.
So there are (2?) speakers being powered by the HU? If so, do you have reason to believe the HU's internal amp was working before? I know Panasonic hasn't made an HU in a long time, so this thing has to have some miles on it. Things to check:

1. Sony's internal amp is actually putting out power.

2. Test speaker VC resistance.

3. Check the connections.

4. Make sure it's not some setting on the HU - if you have just 2 front speakers, make sure it's not faded to the rear.

I'm saying all this having assumed there's no dedicated amp powering the front speakers.

The HU needs to power 2 front and 2 rear speakers as it is a crewcab. It comes on and all the stting to the subs work perfectly fine. I tried playing with every setting that was on there and i still cannot manage to get sound from the speakers. The headunit i believe is a 2007 and was in a car before i tried to put it in. Ik for a fact that it worked perfectly fine before and thats whats confusing me. I thought that maybe there was something wrong internally to but then why would it power on and still alow the music to play through the subs it makes absolutly no sense to me and i am stumped about this. He wants it back tmr and i have no idea what to do.

The HU needs to power 2 front and 2 rear speakers as it is a crewcab. It comes on and all the stting to the subs work perfectly fine. I tried playing with every setting that was on there and i still cannot manage to get sound from the speakers. The headunit i believe is a 2007 and was in a car before i tried to put it in. Ik for a fact that it worked perfectly fine before and thats whats confusing me. I thought that maybe there was something wrong internally to but then why would it power on and still alow the music to play through the subs it makes absolutly no sense to me and i am stumped about this. He wants it back tmr and i have no idea what to do.
Well, you have to realize that the subs/amp are connected to low level outputs and the speakers (from what you're telling me) are connected to high level outputs. The HU is not powering the subs, but it is powering the speakers. So you're using the pre-amp outputs for the subs and you're using the actual internal amp of the HU for the speakers. It's possible that in the previous car, the speakers were also powered by a dedicated amp and the internal amp wasn't working. You should buy a DMM and test the HU.

Yes exactly ik that. Ive hooked up subs and decks in multiple cars and have never had an issue like this. Ik for a fact that the internal amp was working on the HU since a chevy cavlair does not have one with the stock sound system the remote wire was untouched untill today when i used it to connect the sub amp to the HU. Maybr something had happened the HU since it had been taking out. It had been sitting out of a vehicle for probably 4 months. Is it possible that something failed when the deck was just sitting there in the back of a vehicle??? I actually tried 2 decks as i had one with the same connector and it did the exact same thing. Idk if that changes anything??

Come on guys... your not helping locate the source of the problem.

#1 What year is the truck?

#2 Does it have Bose?

If it is an older truck and it has the factory amplifier behind the glove box (super easy to check), run your remote wire to the pink wire in the second unused harness.

And stop being cheap and use a harness. Literally $10 can save you a huge headache. If this is a newer truck and you still hardwired it, you need to reconsider your install techniques. I hope you only spliced into the harness and didn't cut the whole plug off. If its a newer truck AND it has Bose... time to start over. You will need to re-attach the harness(s) if you cut them off, and buy the proper Metra harness for at least $50+

Its a 2002 gmc 2500hd and it has does not have the bose sound system with it as far as ik. I will take a quick look when i get home today at it. Im not a fan of hardwiring stuff in i told him to wait for a harness but he told me to hardwire it in so i said ok and said if anythimg like this happens its not my fault. Thats what i say to everybody when they tell me to do it i hate doing it.

I would put my money on tagging the pink wire in the secondary harness. This is the the turn on for the factory amplifier. These were a feature in the trucks even without Bose.

Come on guys... your not helping locate the source of the problem.
#1 What year is the truck?

#2 Does it have Bose?

If it is an older truck and it has the factory amplifier behind the glove box (super easy to check), run your remote wire to the pink wire in the second unused harness.

And stop being cheap and use a harness. Literally $10 can save you a huge headache. If this is a newer truck and you still hardwired it, you need to reconsider your install techniques. I hope you only spliced into the harness and didn't cut the whole plug off. If its a newer truck AND it has Bose... time to start over. You will need to re-attach the harness(s) if you cut them off, and buy the proper Metra harness for at least $50+
Good looking out. I'm not a pro so if I don't know I wont say nothing.

I would put my money on tagging the pink wire in the secondary harness. This is the the turn on for the factory amplifier. These were a feature in the trucks even without Bose.
Ok so i see the wire you are talking about but what do i connect it to??? The remote wire for the sub amp, acc wire or what cause im not to sure??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.