Need Help - Tweeters and Woofers make unnatural "pop" sound when certain bass kicks

Participant count
  • Participant list

streiter

To start, I am a complete noob when it comes to car audio systems. I have a 2009 Toyota Camry SE with OEM speakers I believe. I've only noticed this problem occurring when a certain bass kick sound is played. For example, I've noticed parallels from two different songs by Logic those being Gang Related(@0:29) and Welcome to Forever(@1:07) as well as a couple other of his songs. This I'm assuming is only happening to this one specific frequency and this particular artist likes to use this frequency over and over again. I just want some guidance as to what to do as I have no idea what to do from here to fix this issue. I have noticed that sometimes the sound will restore randomly then it will distort again after some playtime. I do play my music loud but not crazy loud (if that makes sense.) I know it's not my door speakers making the popping noise as when I turn the bass all the way down on my cars EQ it still makes the popping noise at the same volume. When I turn the treble and mids down or up the sound persists. Hopefully I've provided enough information to start troubleshooting further.

Could be a bad connection to your speakers from speaker wire going to them....or lose. Also since the spkrs are factory, they tend to go out if a person listens to them on high volume. The woofers may have exceeded their excursion range may cause them to pop.

Thanks for the reply dude! So is my only option to buy new speakers if the connection is fine? I'm fine with purchasing new ones but what type should I get to make sure this doesn't happen again? I've tried to look up what will work in my car but I'm completely lost.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.