Need help tuning type X

Participant count
  • Participant list

Webman33569
10+ year member

Can anyone tell me the best freq and gain to set my Alpine PDX 1.100. Its powering 1 12" type X. Here is what its at now. Freq is at 80 gain is at around half way. But it just doesnt seem to be hitting right it just dont have that punch that it should. The box it is in is a 14X14X11 Sealed. Thanks

Can anyone tell me the best freq and gain to set my Alpine PDX 1.100. Its powering 1 12" type X. Here is what its at now. Freq is at 80 gain is at around half way. But it just doesnt seem to be hitting right it just dont have that punch that it should. The box it is in is a 14X14X11 Sealed. Thanks

gains are meant to be set according to your hu output, not the power of the sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Did you say you dropped it off at the autoshop? Well that's the problem. Not all all mechanics are made alike. Even if they are ASE certified...
Turn the subwoofer output to max. Turn the gain down on the amp to where you're comfortable the the amp isn't clipping. Play a 0db sine wave at...
Thank you it sounds way better then it was And I fixed why it was cutting off it was because of bad power because the full range amp was losing...
This may be an option for you as well. Im sure Amazon has them on theyre site also to be purchased. Great amps...
I would try a pair of Bass Blockers on the rear speakers. I always place them on Coax. speakers generally, Should help quite a bit I like PAC ones...

About this thread

Webman33569

10+ year member
Webman33569
Ocean Side, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from