Need help to upgrade my land cruiser speakers.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Aeyy.1

CarAudio.com Newbie
Qatar
(I apologize for the long thread) Hi, I'm relatively new to the car audio world and we don't have support to car audio here (In Qatar). I just want to get better speakers since I got the non-jbl trim on my car(only 6 speakers). The dealership won't offer any help and the only place that installs speakers has Rockford and is selling me 2 component speakers (with tweeters) an amp and a subwoofer for over 2700$ but I'm not sure if that's good or not. Anyway, I want the top of the line jbl speakers that would fit my car an amp and a sub but they said the most they could do is install the parts I bring but the whole multiple channels and ohm thing sounds complicated so I don't want to mess it up. what I know right now that I have on the front doors 6x9s and the back 6.5 but I'm not sure about the dashboard. So I saw that the GTO609c is pretty good but what goes with it in terms of amp and subwoofer(preferably doesn't take lots of space) and the other speakers and thank you for your help in advance.

(I apologize for the long thread) Hi, I'm relatively new to the car audio world and we don't have support to car audio here (In Qatar). I just want to get better speakers since I got the non-jbl trim on my car(only 6 speakers). The dealership won't offer any help and the only place that installs speakers has Rockford and is selling me 2 component speakers (with tweeters) an amp and a subwoofer for over 2700$ but I'm not sure if that's good or not. Anyway, I want the top of the line jbl speakers that would fit my car an amp and a sub but they said the most they could do is install the parts I bring but the whole multiple channels and ohm thing sounds complicated so I don't want to mess it up. what I know right now that I have on the front doors 6x9s and the back 6.5 but I'm not sure about the dashboard. So I saw that the GTO609c is pretty good but what goes with it in terms of amp and subwoofer(preferably doesn't take lots of space) and the other speakers and thank you for your help in advance.
What year is your lc? What is your headunit (pic is better). I have a Landcruiser

It's a 2018 Model. and this is what the head unit looks like.

Attachments

• Head Unit.jpg
    Head Unit.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 200
Big screen...new car...likely separately amplified and factory eq...unless you’re pot committed to a real $$$ upgrade you don’t want just swap speakers. Doing just that will be expensive and in the wrong direction as far as improvement

Firstly I was thinking of not changing the head unit and the car has no subwoofer (jbl trim has 2 in the trunk) no tweeters and only 6 crappy speakers so I think only changing the speakers Will make difference but That’s why I asked in this thread what do I need to upgrade and how much $$$ are we talking here?

Firstly I was thinking of not changing the head unit and the car has no subwoofer (jbl trim has 2 in the trunk) no tweeters and only 6 crappy speakers so I think only changing the speakers Will make difference but That’s why I asked in this thread what do I need to upgrade and how much $$$ are we talking here?
Locally is always such a rip-off..I always order my **** online and have an install guy do it..and they still rape you, I paid my guy like $1200 just to wire n put mine in.. rediculous, but it would take me 3x as long .

I would buy a good set of front components and a nice 3-500 RMS amp to power them.

Get some sundown 10s or 12s and a 1000-1500w monoblock amp .
Buy a nice 0 guage wiring kit and a couple 0-4guage distribution blocks for the power and ground .
I use Sonic electronix or Crutchfield to order my stuff online

Keep the stock deck and unplug your rear speakers, only use a set of fronts, not sure about your head unit but mine needed to be wired up with resistors to make everything work good together.
As for speakers I think anything that will fit will work. I actually ordered the jbls and just returned them for something else as my installer said they wouldn't mount easily and probably just cost me more money for him to do it lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.