need help tahoe 18s wall

Participant count
  • Participant list
People think its that simple. Lol. Im working on my first trunk wall and its a major PITA.
I like to keep it real simple, man. That's why I'm going to be using 3 multi-channel amplifiers to power one pair of components and a single subwoofer.

Seriously, I don't even want to think about how much of a pain in the ass it's going to be once I get started...

i am doing a wall..its a 4 door tahoe i have 2 fi bl 18s fully loaded the wall is 17.5 cubes after port right now the port is 28" long 6" high and 14" deep i belive its around 32hz already just wondering

well one of my friends has 4 of them in a wall but his wall is 28 cubes and the port is 42" long 7" tall and 14" deep and its at 32hz thats whats scott from fi told him..should i make the port with wider than 28"? i was also told sence i have a 17.5 cube wall that i need 280 square inches of port and right now i only have 168

I'd personally do subs on passenger side and port on driver side, with the port going the full height of the box and however wide in order to get ~14in^2 of port per ft^3 of box volume. Since your box is on the big side, 12in^2 per ft^3 will be fine. Either way you decide to do the port, shoot for around 210-230in^2. Going up to 280in^2(which is 16in^2 per ft^3) is going to need to be a good bit longer to get the same 32hz tuning.

ok so 32" tall 8.5" wide and 14" deep divided by 17.5 for the box will give 217"? also what sub will hit harder and lower i have the fully loaded bls but was lookin at the aq hdc3 18s?

Port area is just the opening size of the port, or the "radiating surface area." So you'd just multiply 32"x8.5" to get it...which is 272in^2. Fully loaded BL's are nice, I don't see the HDC being a worthwhile switch...kind of a lateral move, in my opinion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.