need help.Speakers cutting off.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok thanks. One thing I forgot to mention is I noticed , when I plugged in that rear right rca jack and the speakers cut off I didn't see the protection mode light go on but the speakers still cut off. That happened 2 or 3 times. Thats the only time I noticed the light not going on , usually that protection mode light illuminates.
Have you tried placing the RCAs in different locations/channels yet?Man..I know it blows, but I myself would prob strat all over with the hu back to the amp,and check all speakers polarity ect.wiring ect.Reinstall so to speak.Try swapping the rt and left rcas..See if the right does the same in the left channel.If so, Id start on that right side with pulling the speakers, check ohm load ect.If it sounds fine, then its a good possibility your RCAs aren't any good/making a bad connection if any, or Pinched somewhere in line.Happened to me before due to fold down rear seats pinched rca,

Plug that rear-right RCA back into the amp, but disconnect the rear-right speaker at the amp output and see if it still cuts out. I'm thinking that speaker is bad or there is a short in the speaker wire that is loading the amp down.

I ended up disconnecting my sub amp becuase I blew the sub. The guy basically spliced into the main ground power and remote by stripping some plastic off and wrapping wire around it and taped it. So I took that bull **** splice of. Removed the sub amp. Taped it.

It doesn't do it anymore. Could also be cause I turned down the frequency on the 4 ch amp. Anyway been good blasting it.

As far as the DVD not playing while driving-most hu's have a seperate ground wire that is supposed to be connected to the parking brake so when the brake is pressed it grounds and allows the moving picture feature to activate. The shop probably just cut out the middle man(parking brake) and grounded the video wire directly to the radio ground wire. They may have used a video bypass. May look like a small black box. Either way make sure the video wire is grounded or connected to the bypass.

Plug that rear-right RCA back into the amp, but disconnect the rear-right speaker at the amp output and see if it still cuts out. I'm thinking that speaker is bad or there is a short in the speaker wire that is loading the amp down.

Disconnected the right rear speaker and plugged in right rca back in. Nothing cut out.....where do I go from here?

Disconnected the right rear speaker and plugged in right rca back in. Nothing cut out.....where do I go from here?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.