Need help properly arranging piecemeal system

jva_2348

CarAudio.com Newbie
Howdy Ladies and Gents,

I'm a relatively inexperienced car audio person and I unintentionally started setting up a system in piecemeal fashion. A little background before my question:

I currently have a JL Audio XD1000/5v2 amp powering one 12" W6v3 and four stock interior speakers (two front doors, two back doors) in my Lexus ES350. I've decided to replace the four stock interior speakers that are being powered by the JL amp, because they don't sound good. I was gifted two pairs of brand new Focal PC165F 6-1/2" 2-way coaxial speakers, which I'm now going to install myself in the front and back doors.

I also want to replace the 3 dash speakers (two corners and one center, each 4"), which are still being powered by the factory amp, but I'm not sure about what speakers to install there.

Which leads to my question: does it make any sense to install additional coaxial speakers in the dash considering I will have the focal coaxials in the front and back doors? Perhaps too much in high frequency range? I'm not willing to go the component route because I don't want to modify the car. And is it ok, in general, to mix speaker brands if I decide to go a cheaper route than focal for the dash?

Any suggestions on the best way to go about this?

Thank you very much in advance!

If you are not doing an active build I would omit the dash speakers all together being that you have full range coaxials in the doors. I would not run the dash speakers at all at this point. The money you may have spent on the dash speakers could/should be spent on sound deadening materials for the doors or surfaces the Focals will be mounted to. You will literally have 4 good quality tweeters... unless you are an old school treble rebel... I think you are good to go. The sound deadening will make things sound better as well.

If you are not doing an active build I would omit the dash speakers all together being that you have full range coaxials in the doors. I would not run the dash speakers at all at this point. The money you may have spent on the dash speakers could/should be spent on sound deadening materials for the doors or surfaces the Focals will be mounted to. You will literally have 4 good quality tweeters... unless you are an old school treble rebel... I think you are good to go. The sound deadening will make things sound better as well.
Sorry to hijack, but what’s a treble rebel lol

Back in the day (in a time of 6x9's in the back) and EQ boosters under the dash. Mids and highs were overly amplified and lacked sub-bass. It wasn't uncommon for coaxial speakers to be 3-way, 4-way or more-way. These were the Treble Rebels. Loud stereos with no bass and tons of highs.
Ahhh I’m on the cusp of that age group, have seen a few of those. Lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.