Need help pricing some old car audio!

Did you even bother to look up the CV sub?
2.5 in coil, 400rms, high sensitivity.

And a 15 under a front seat is a horrible idea.
I did not..Over looked the size all together.I myself wouldnt buy one Esp Used.Still worth approx $30-40 local.Shipped would deff kill the sale unless the Buyer covers all cost

everything here has a void to fill in someone's heart.

rf amp nib with stickers and all accessories can fetch you 150-200 on ebay. hit up my boys michael and pete schultz on facebook to price it, as mike is a well known rf guru and has possibly the largest rockford collection on earth (no joke)

memphis amps were not really notable, but they still did their job and are collected by devout fans. i think 150 each is the most you could yield if you can hold out that long, but they'll disappear right before your eyes at 100 bucks.

cv woofer; id have to agree that 50 bucks would be fair considering the condition, maybe more to someone searching. i see them sell as new-old stock in box for 150-200.

the lvs,... it could be anywhere from 150-400 depending on condition and how clapped out the suspension is, but in theory, i'd have no issue ponying up 250-300 for yours if you replace the dustcap and clean her up,.. suspension looks great.

everything here has a void to fill in someone's heart.
rf amp nib with stickers and all accessories can fetch you 150-200 on ebay. hit up my boys michael and pete schultz on facebook to price it, as mike is a well known rf guru and has possibly the largest rockford collection on earth (no joke)

memphis amps were not really notable, but they still did their job and are collected by devout fans. i think 150 each is the most you could yield if you can hold out that long, but they'll disappear right before your eyes at 100 bucks.

cv woofer; id have to agree that 50 bucks would be fair considering the condition, maybe more to someone searching. i see them sell as new-old stock in box for 150-200.

the lvs,... it could be anywhere from 150-400 depending on condition and how clapped out the suspension is, but in theory, i'd have no issue ponying up 250-300 for yours if you replace the dustcap and clean her up,.. suspension looks great.
I’ll be sure to contact them man, thanks for the helpful input! I’ll probably let the LVS go cheap as is and let someone who has good expierence change out the dustcap. It’s not hard, but I’ve never done it and id rather not try and mess up. If you’re interested message me an offer. It’s just sitting in my room needing a good home.

0f15fdceddb341bb4f2a8d7203c21c26.jpg

Not trying to high jack this thread, but since there are some knowledgeable guys on older stuff here...

Is the PPI in the picture as good of an amp as Ike heard it is...

I have been sitting on this one for many years, waiting to put it in a system that I took my time on...

I’ve got that pair of punch HX2s also, but the wire to the voice coil is busted on one of them, and I’m debating on how much is worth spending on fixing it as opposed to just getting a new pair of some other 10 inchers...
c724d72662d8754f75ad4f8bb2f426bd.jpg

Been sitting on the subs a long time too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0f15fdceddb341bb4f2a8d7203c21c26.jpg

Not trying to high jack this thread, but since there are some knowledgeable guys on older stuff here...

Is the PPI in the picture as good of an amp as Ike heard it is...

I have been sitting on this one for many years, waiting to put it in a system that I took my time on...

I’ve got that pair of punch HX2s also, but the wire to the voice coil is busted on one of them, and I’m debating on how much is worth spending on fixing it as opposed to just getting a new pair of some other 10 inchers...
c724d72662d8754f75ad4f8bb2f426bd.jpg

Been sitting on the subs a long time too

That PPI amp is a very under rated, a very clean performance amp,and becoming quite RARE these days.Its a beast, and id run it.Its still a very saught after make and series.I still have 2-P250s and 1-P275,.Im not really understanding your issue with the Sub..Are you talking about the terminal Lead??If so, it would be worth repairing,and id run the subs if still stiff and no coil rubbing.Check the Ohm loads see if they are still within Limitations.I lost interest with RF back in the 90s.I think the last series of amps I used were the DSM series.never really cared for anything afterwards from RF,and still do not from this day.Id run them though. I really dont think it would be that expensive to fix that lead to be honest/or repair that one sub.A collector may pick those up as a working single or a pair in the future.I wouldnt sell that PPI amp if it were mine.Id run it for sure

That PPI amp is a very under rated, a very clean performance amp,and becoming quite RARE these days.Its a beast, and id run it.Its still a very saught after make and series.I still have 2-P250s and 1-P275,.Im not really understanding your issue with the Sub..Are you talking about the terminal Lead??If so, it would be worth repairing,and id run the subs if still stiff and no coil rubbing.Check the Ohm loads see if they are still within Limitations.I lost interest with RF back in the 90s.I think the last series of amps I used were the DSM series.never really cared for anything afterwards from RF,and still do not from this day.Id run them though. I really dont think it would be that expensive to fix that lead to be honest/or repair that one sub.A collector may pick those up as a working single or a pair in the future.I wouldnt sell that PPI amp if it were mine.Id run it for sure
Thanks man... yeah everything seems fine with the action of the subs, I actually ran them briefly in my last vehicle, and all was well, other than Ikve never fed them what I know now, they actually need to be fed...

One of the leads has come loose and came out of the bottom of the cone.

On that PPI, I don’t know quite enough about amps, in my mind it seems like a waste to run such a large amp on just a front stage, but from what I’ve heard about the cleanness of the amp, I’m wondering if it would be better to run my front stage on the PPI as opposed to a smaller 4 channel (older Blau Punkt) I have...

If I knew which amp would give me the best quality bang for my buck... If I ran the front stage (Sound Quality is my primary objective over subs, but I still want to POUND obviously)... if I ran the front stage on the BP, I would obviously run my subs on the PPI and remove the Memphis class d in the picture from the line up...

Actually, sorry for confusion... the lowest impedance I can wire those subs to is 4 ohm...

The PPI, I believe, gives me 500 watts at 4 ohm (tickling my 500 rms apiece subs)

The Memphis “says” it gives me 750 at 4 ohms...

I know I don’t have a pic or specs on the smaller 4 channel Blau Punkt (I can put on later)

But if you had this gear to work with, which amps would you use for what?

Thanks a million

Thanks man... yeah everything seems fine with the action of the subs, I actually ran them briefly in my last vehicle, and all was well, other than Ikve never fed them what I know now, they actually need to be fed...
One of the leads has come loose and came out of the bottom of the cone.

On that PPI, I don’t know quite enough about amps, in my mind it seems like a waste to run such a large amp on just a front stage, but from what I’ve heard about the cleanness of the amp, I’m wondering if it would be better to run my front stage on the PPI as opposed to a smaller 4 channel (older Blau Punkt) I have...

If I knew which amp would give me the best quality bang for my buck... If I ran the front stage (Sound Quality is my primary objective over subs, but I still want to POUND obviously)... if I ran the front stage on the BP, I would obviously run my subs on the PPI and remove the Memphis class d in the picture from the line up...

Actually, sorry for confusion... the lowest impedance I can wire those subs to is 4 ohm...

The PPI, I believe, gives me 500 watts at 4 ohm (tickling my 500 rms apiece subs)

The Memphis “says” it gives me 750 at 4 ohms...

I know I don’t have a pic or specs on the smaller 4 channel Blau Punkt (I can put on later)

But if you had this gear to work with, which amps would you use for what?

Thanks a million

I myself would run that PPI on the front stage,and look at another amplifier for the sub stage if swapping subs out later for a decent 1ohm or two ohm stable amplifier. Ive ran 2 ohm mono, and with the right power,not a whole lot difference than running @1 ohm on the same power in my experience.Run that memphis, should be just fine till you want more on the sub stage.Run and use what you have till you want more is what Ive always said, and have done over the years.As far as BlauP. In the 90s, Ive only gotten great results from they're HUs that were absolutely fantastic, like the Montreal, Sante Fe Ect and a few others that Ive owned.yet, I have never been pleased with any of the amplifiers or speakers that they have ever put out on the market.just seemed too weak and depressing on the power needed.You may even look for a better amplifier in the future on sub stage..Its going to cost a pretty penny to find an amp to match that PPI on front stage of performance and reliability.IMO.Id run that PPI there though

I myself would run that PPI on the front stage,and look at another amplifier for the sub stage if swapping subs out later for a decent 1ohm or two ohm stable amplifier. Ive ran 2 ohm mono, and with the right power,not a whole lot difference than running @1 ohm on the same power in my experience.Run that memphis, should be just fine till you want more on the sub stage.Run and use what you have till you want more is what Ive always said, and have done over the years.As far as BlauP. In the 90s, Ive only gotten great results from they're HUs that were absolutely fantastic, like the Montreal, Sante Fe Ect and a few others that Ive owned.yet, I have never been pleased with any of the amplifiers or speakers that they have ever put out on the market.just seemed too weak and depressing on the power needed.You may even look for a better amplifier in the future on sub stage..Its going to cost a pretty penny to find an amp to match that PPI on front stage of performance and reliability.IMO.Id run that PPI there though
Thanks man, the options/possibilities been driving me a little nuts... like I said that PPI sounded like a great idea for the front stage, especially if active... but I felt like I was wasting more than half of what the amp could do... I feel confident with it now though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.