Need Help Please!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Annex
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ohio
I was recently taking my subs out so i'd have trunk space to take stuff back to school. I noticed there was a leak in my trunk and ended up with standing water under my spare tire. I never open my trunk, because theres nothing there but the subs, so there has probabaly been a leak for awhile...my subs still work but the magnets have appeared to be calcified, and there is a little rust forming. Im not sure what I should clean this with or a way to get rid of it. Here's some pics:

Water:

IMG_2515.jpg

Calc:

IMG_2521.jpg

Rust:

IMG_2525.jpg

any help would be apprecited...thanks

1. Take out your tailights and put a bead of silicone around the seal. This will stop the leak. Very common in Neons.

2. I think you coud take some 1500 grit sand paper, cover the pole vent up and sand the magnet to get rid of that buildup.

How did the water get to the sub?

Im not sure at all...my amp was soaked to as i have it mounted on the back of the fold down seat...the sub box was sealed with calk and screwed down...thanks for the advice though..you think a household cleaner would be alright to use on the white part..like comet or something?

hey neon rider....u were right about the tail lights..u can see the trail of water coming from them..i got all the apolstry out and luckily we have a steam cleaner..hopefully i can get all of the mold off...im going to try a few things on the subs..ill throw up my results with what works

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.