Need help piecing together a slow list/route for audio ugrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

ALDJ253

Hey, guys! I currently have a 2004 Acura TSX w/ navi. I have a mono block amp attached to the rear 6x9s via speaker level input, feeding 2 12s, but potentially a better single 12 in the future. The amp is dying, so I have a used JL Audio 500/1 on the way. It will power the 2 12 inch subs in a prefab (Yes, I know, bad idea with pre-fab, but also the subs aren't that great either. But I mean, this was a "first set-up 2.0" to just hold me off for bigger and better things, after my old set-up got ripped out of my previous car. I got it all for $150, so I am not complaining). I now need to find a way to attach the JL to the stock unit. I was thinking either getting a LC7i or LC2i. I don't know if I will even be doing a 4 channel, but the odds have been bouncing back and forth as I see it becoming more feasible.

A)If I did the LC7i, this would allow me to get a nice 4 channel amp in the future, and also connect it to the JL 500/1.

B)I can also connect the LC2i via 6x9 outputs on the rear deck, and then get something like the JL RD400/4 for the speakers, since it has speaker level inputs.

Both the LC7i, or the 4 channel amp with speaker level inputs will be attached via 9 speed wire to the harness from a PAC AOEM-HON20 to allow my stock amp to still be there for maybe my tweetes, unless I find a good area for my crossovers, and the rear door speakers, if I decide to keep them in there, and add 3-way rear 6x9s instead.

As it stands, is option A or B better?

As for the 3-way rear 6x9 idea. The Stock 6x9s are low frequencies only. However, I was thinking that I could use the output from a 4 channel amp, fed by the door speaker connections via the hacked PAC harness, and purchase 3 way 6x9s. However, this would mean the rear door 6.5s would have no connection on the new 4 channel amp, meaning they would stay on the stock amp. (I currently have JBL GX600C components in the front running off of the stock amp). Is there any way to make it so I can attach the 6 speakers to the 4 channel amp? If not, would it be a better idea to upgrade the 6.5s in the rear door, and leave out my 6x9s? or upgrade to 3-way 6x9s, and leave the door speakers attached to the stock amp?

Thanks for reading this long post!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.