Need help picking a sub for my son.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Morals
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Missouri
I gave him my 10 year old IDQ10s but one had a bad VC. So he is looking for something different. He wants to spend 100ish each. Its been along time since i messed around with the lower end equipment so im not much help.

He found a Type R for 99 with free shipping. What else is good in that price range.

He has a 2000 Mustang

has a prefab box for 2 10s looks to be around .5 or so per side.

Has a Rockford P450.4 he could use or i could lend him my LP 2202IQ for subs. if he uses the rockford it would be about 200ish per sub or my LP would be 250ish total.

We want something that doesnt take alot of space, i can make him a sealed box cheap and fast so it could get more then the prefab, but his **** truck is the size of a grapefruit.

He is 16, doesnt know much about audio. I set his stuff and tell him not to go above this spot on the indash. He listens to rock and rap. More rock then anything.

any other questions just ask.

So what do you guys think

ya, in the long run the fi would be better then the R but i dont think he would save would want to save up the money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.