Need help picking 2 12s for sealed box...

Participant count
  • Participant list

96Firebird
10+ year member

I have a box with 2 chambers, 1.1cu ft. each. Looking for 2 12s, amp not chosen yet but thinking 1000-1200WRMS @ 1ohm. So I'm looking for DVC 4ohm subs.

I've been looking all around, from SSA GCONs, SA-12s, maybe the Fi X12. And I'm not really sure where to go... I've heard the SA-12s are geared more towards ported boxes, but I can get 2 b-stock 4ohm SA-12s for $160 a piece shipped. The GCONs are $240 a piece shipped, The X12 is better at $190, but then $70 shipping.

Any other suggestions are welcome, but keep in mind these are going into a 2x 1.1cu. ft. sealed box. Want to keep the total cost under $450, this is a budget build that is going into a summer car that is more for performance than anything. Just want some decent sound that can overcome my loud exhaust.

Thanks for any help.

go the the 2 sa12s d4 and u would love them

I have a box with 2 chambers, 1.1cu ft. each. Looking for 2 12s, amp not chosen yet but thinking 1000-1200WRMS @ 1ohm. So I'm looking for DVC 4ohm subs.
I've been looking all around, from SSA GCONs, SA-12s, maybe the Fi X12. And I'm not really sure where to go... I've heard the SA-12s are geared more towards ported boxes, but I can get 2 b-stock 4ohm SA-12s for $160 a piece shipped. The GCONs are $240 a piece shipped, The X12 is better at $190, but then $70 shipping.

Any other suggestions are welcome, but keep in mind these are going into a 2x 1.1cu. ft. sealed box. Want to keep the total cost under $450, this is a budget build that is going into a summer car that is more for performance than anything. Just want some decent sound that can overcome my loud exhaust.

Thanks for any help.

The only one you listed inside your price range is the sa's. So you have your choice already
The X12s are also within my price range, but if spending a bit more for the GCONs will yield far better results, I have no problem with that.

I hadn't considered the Threatcon 2s, have added them to the list...

Should point out I am looking for a cleaner sounding sub, not just loudness. I previously had 2x 12" Kicker L5s running off a Viper D1200.1, and while they got loud, they were sloppy. The rest of my system now includes CDT components up front and CDT 6.5" woofers in the rear, soon to be running off a PPI P900.4.

The x's are at $450 and you said under //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif but I would still go with the c2's for the money and but the saved money toward something else.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.