Need help on Aero Ports

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigbud747
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well, I'm getting ready to make an all fiberglass box. It will have the same basic layout as this one, but I'm molding it and making it all pretty like. It will house a DP 12 powered by 1500 watts (same amp as in picture) and I'll have a 4" aero port in the same spot as the 3" one in the picture. My question is, can I put the 4" aero port in the same location as the 3" one in the picture (the new box will have enough room for the 4" even though the 3" is the biggest it can fit now), AND put the 3" port on the sub side, up towards the top of the box, facing the passenger side b-pillar? And if so, how would I figure out how long to make the ports? I've got the 3" so I might as well use it, unless you all think the 4" will be sufficient.

PB170096.jpg

Yes. I bought the 4" to use in my new box, but my question was, COULD I use both ports in the same box? And if so, how would I go about tuning them? I'm fine with using just the 4" tho.

I've got a 6" aero port tube set, but I honestly think there's no way I could fit it in and still be able to flip up my center console. I'm gonna be building this box in 2 pieces, so I'll see if I can fit a 6"er. How much of a gain could I expect from a 6" compared to a 4" aero port?

Not to mention your tight on space.
Just use the single 4" or try and fit 2 4"ers
Port area: 1 4" port = 12.56 sq. in.

Port area: 2 4" ports = 25.12 sq. in.

Port area: 1 6" port = 28.26 sq. in.

Why would 2 4" ports work, but not 1 6"? Since they are pretty much the same area. Just saying.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.