Need Help!!! My System Is Sick!!

Bumble_Bee
10+ year member

I recently had my factory head unit replaced with a JVC at Circuit City. Before, my amp and subs worked fine...when i got the new head unit, they sound like they are sick. There's no thump. There's sound coming from subs, and the amp is working fine. I've checked everything i can and there's nothing clearly wrong. What shoud I do? Please help

everything appears to be in working order...the system just sounds sick, its the only way i can describe it, i know it worked fine before the new head unit installation...i wonder if Circuit City screwed something up

There might be a separate sub control on the head unit itself, this happened to me. look through the manual to see if there is anything to that nature.

Originally posted by Bumble_Bee I recently had my factory head unit replaced with a JVC at Circuit City. Before, my amp and subs worked fine...when i got the new head unit, they sound like they are sick. There's no thump. There's sound coming from subs, and the amp is working fine. I've checked everything i can and there's nothing clearly wrong. What shoud I do? Please help

what you mean by sound fromt he subs? actual music or bass? if it's actual music check your sub amp and make sure that it's set on Low Pass Filter (LPF) so that it doesn't send also mids n highs. give us more explanation on what u mean by sick

Things to look for - reverse polarity, LPF/HPF settings, sub control on your HU if it has it.

But first and foremost, you should lay into Circuit City big-time and demand that they fix it or you will sue them and/or report them to the Better Business Beauraue (i have no idea how the hell you spell that)

ok...i am hearing something from the subs...it is bass, but weak bass. It just sounds nasty though. There is this flapping noise when i turn the volume up. I looked at the subs and there's nothing wrong with them though

how did u hook ur subs up to the factory unit? if u are using the high inputs on ur amp thats ur problem. if u are using rca's already and u made sure that the LP filter is on then u may have blown ur subs. i would check the subs, turn off ur stereo and push straight down on the dust cap, if it make noise of any kind u probubly blew a coil. also jvc HU's have some sort of a bass botton i think its bbe or something like that. u should also try to turn that off or only at 1. oh ya, i dont know much about the amp but make sure that the xover isnt any higher the 80hz-100hz.

another way to check for a blown coil is to tap on the cone, ive had one of my armagoddons blow but the only way to hear it was by taping on it. if it makes the sound of metal hitting each other at least on of the coils are blown. if u are hearing sounds maybe one of the coils are blown and the other isnt. did u try to replace ur current rca's with new ones? that can also cause poor sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.