need help mounting siren for my alarm

massiveian
10+ year member

Hey i just bought some subs and an amp and i hooked everything up

My grandfather bought me this little alarm for my birthday. its nothing amazing but i would like to put it in my car so i have an alarm.

all i have to do is mount the siren and connect the positive and negative wires to the battery terminals. thats no problem what im having a hard time with is where to mount the siren. i have a 95 grand am se and its tight under the hood theres very little room and i can really move it to far away from the battery because the wires arnt that long. so i guess where would be the best place to mount it?

thanks

you installed an alarm but you can't figure out how to mount a siren? find a place, drill some holes, if the wires aren't long enough, solder some longer wires on.

i know how to mount the siren but i cant fine anywhere under my hood to bolt it to the frame because there is so much under the hood it is already tight under there

you might have to take the battery, intake, or other removable engine components out to squeeze it in. I had to remove the intake in my car and mount it below cause there was nowhere else i could go with it. Im sure you know this already but make sure you mount it facing down so water doesnt build up in it.

you installed an alarm but you can't figure out how to mount a siren? find a place, drill some holes, if the wires aren't long enough, solder some longer wires on.
Don't be a prick if you don't know what you're talking about. The alarm he is talking about is a "one wire hookup" system. All it needs is power.

Make sure you mount it with the siren facing down, so that it doesn't fill with water.

Hey i just bought some subs and an amp and i hooked everything upMy grandfather bought me this little alarm for my birthday. its nothing amazing but i would like to put it in my car so i have an alarm.

all i have to do is mount the siren and connect the positive and negative wires to the battery terminals. thats no problem what im having a hard time with is where to mount the siren. i have a 95 grand am se and its tight under the hood theres very little room and i can really move it to far away from the battery because the wires arnt that long. so i guess where would be the best place to mount it?

thanks
if u do that the siren will never turn off, or at least until ur battery dies

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.