Need Help in Purchasing a new system!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

cregmonroe

Ok, so I have been a little bit out of the car audio loop for a minute or two and need some direction. I am interested in recomendations on most all car audio equipment, head unit, subs, amps, component systems, and like your regular door speakers. I have already ran 0/1 guage wire to the trunk of my car dynamatted the entire vehicle and what not to have a good foundation. I would like to have a system approaching 150db. It is going in an 89' camaro convertible so there is not a whole lot of air space in the trunk but could probably fit two 12's in it... Any help would be greatly appreciated...

its going to be a little harder to reach those DBs in a Vert, BUT It can be done! I really like how loud my RE SX15 got, and im sure with 2 or 3 with at least 3000watts going to them will get u near ur goal, but like you said airspace is going to be ur main issue. Might even have to stay sealed, (DONT HOLD THAT TO ME).

I would run a single

15" AQ HD3C

Mach 5 SPL 15"

DD 3515

RD Elite SPL V.2

Fi BTL 15"

RE MX or SX 15" even a XXX would love 2k+

on a AQ 2200 watt amp amp is $389 or a used kicker 2500 for $4-600

If you can fit a ported box big enough for 1 15" you should be in the mid high 140's

Nice 100 x 2 for highs and a component set from Hertz, MB, PG, kicker, something nice that can keep up.

Kenwood excelon, Eclipse, or Alpine HU

Read a lot here and make up your mind in a coupel of days you will make a much better decision.

Ok, after doing some searching found a good deal on the eclipse 5000 series hu. Thinking about going with the focal K2s for comp set. Still looking for a good amp sub combo but thanks for the info...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.