Need help getting a new intake

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wingman0121
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I'm ordering an intake for a friend's 2003 Accord with the 2.4L i-Vetc but K&N has two different versions of them...

69-1206TP - K&N 69 Series Typhoon Kits, Performance Intake Kit

69-0025TP - K&N 69 Series Typhoon Kits, Performance Intake Kit

The main difference is the bend and the lack of a little side tube, which my friend's car has. I'm guessing I should get the one that has the side tube exit? This is exactly what his engine looks like

http://www.samarins.com/reviews/img/accord_03_eng_large.jpg

Get the one that has the tubes on it. The tubes are for vacum lines for your vehicle. Or look at your vehicle and see hwo many vacum lines are going into the intake that will help you pick witch one is good for you.

Also make sure you get the filter up top as well inline with the intake that way. When your buddy goes through a puddle of water he doesnt have to worry AS mush getting the engine to hydro lock.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.