Need help from a real professional..

Participant count
  • Participant list

disturbed471985
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I am wanting to add a pair or 2 pairs of suppertweets to my setup.

I am stuck on if I should get 1 pair of Selenium ST-350 - http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-362

Or get 2 pairs of the Selenium ST-200's - http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-348

Both will be run off my MB and crossed around 5k. The problem I am having is I am lacking a lot in the upper freq range in volume. My front stage just can’t keep up with my sub. So these would be used to bring the vocals back to life.

Also, does my amp have a good enough crossover section to be able to cross them a 5k??

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27474_MB-Quart-ONX4.125.html

This site shows a close up of my crossover section.. I would really appreciate any suggestions.

If you have a better idea plz let me know.. Buying today

Last edited by a moderator:
What is ur current setup that you're wanting to add 2-4 tweeters to?

and what model amp, that link doesn't work.

edit- nvm i see it in ur sig.

yes, your amp will allow you to cross them as high as 13k hz if you wanted. might not be able to get it EXACTLY at 5k using the little dial on the amp, but you can get it close enough to where itll sound good.

you only have 1 pair of mids and tweets now, to be honest, i wouldnt ADD anymore tweeters, ESPECIALLY supertweeters, to that setup. itll be too much tweeter. i have 2 ST200's in my car now, paired with 2 eminence Beta 8's, and its plenty of tweeter for me. my planned setup is going to be 16 mids (either 8s or 10s or both) with about 250w each, and even with all that, im only going to run 8 bullet tweeters with 100w a piece. (power acoustic NX5)

i like my ST200s though, but the 350s get louder, can be crossed a little lower, take more power (i think) but they're alot bigger lol. gmonk has 350's and they sound good.

Current setup -

HU - Panasonic

Front Stage - DDT tweets, Silver Flute 6.5's, Hertz Crossovers

Front Stage amp - MB Quart ONX4.125,

Rear Stage - Empty

Subwoofer - 2011 PAP WMD2 12

Subwoofer amp - Audioque 2200d

AMI Creations box - 2.8cf tuned to 33hz

Wiring - Knukonceptz everything, Big 3, Deka 9a31 x2

you might want louder mids as well. have you looked into getting pro audio mids to go with the bullet/super tweets? look into some Eminence alpha 6a or 6c (A is 8ohm C is 4 ohm) or some selenium 6w4p 6" mids (8 ohm) or if you have the room theres a wider selection of 8s. also the powerbass 4xl 6.5" pro mids are loud i know too, and they're 4 ohm.

if your current setup isnt keeping up, adding tweeters is only going to make the really high notes louder, from like 80-5000hz will still be the same, and thats a big gap.

lemme pull up that amp again and see what the best setup would be to run off that amp.

well you have a few choices, pretty good amp you have there as far as power ratings go. you could do plenty....if u wanted, you could run 4 6's per door with 62w each just on channel 1 and 2, then you still have channel 3 and 4 free to power some bullet tweeters. are you planning on making pods/fiberglassing your front doors, or do you just wanna keep the mids in the stock location? im guessing you would glass becuase itll be hard to fit ST200/350's without any type of custom work usually.

The situation is I can only run 1 set of 6.5's as I am trying to keep them in the stock location. I do not have the skill to build pods and such so I could add more mids. As far as the supers I was gonna have a box built for them not sure of spec's but something and I have a good place on my rear deck that they would fit nicely. I could just run my current front stage active but I just dont feel that will give me the disired output I am seeking.

I updated links in OP so you can now see the exact specs for said items.

yea the rear deck would work. i mean hell, you can order the tweets and if its too much, then just remove them or add more mid to it. id just go with the ST200s, they're cheaper.

what about doing an array of mids and tweets on the rear deck?

yea the rear deck would work. i mean hell, you can order the tweets and if its too much, then just remove them or add more mid to it. id just go with the ST200s, they're cheaper.
what about doing an array of mids and tweets on the rear deck?

Something I’ve been tossing around but at the same time I don’t want to block my entire rear view. At best I could prob add a set of 6.5's plus a pair of the st's back there anymore would be pushing it.

As far as the 200's over the 350's does the 350 not offer any more than the 200 to justify the price increase. I am now going to go with a pair of each. I feel 4 st-200's might be a tad to much so now it’s either a pair of 200's or 350's. Other then the mag being 3times the size of the 200 what else does the 350 bring to the table to justify its price over the 200??? Figured u would be the best to know that since you have heard both sets before.

i haven't really heard the 350's much other than a few times, but my 200's i know are pretty darn clear, and i have them crossed at 4khz, 24dB slope. i actually have 8 ST200s for sale, but after i factor in shipping, it prally wouldnt be worth it to either of us for me to ship you 2. im trying to just sell them locally lol.

seriously though, check into this-

swap ur front mids and tweets out with selenium 6's, and on the back deck, run 4 ST200s and some selenium 6s (if you can fit all that)

would sound awesome and be alot louder. the selenium 6s can cross down to like 80hz or so and sound great.

What is ur current setup that you're wanting to add 2-4 tweeters to?
and what model amp, that link doesn't work.

edit- nvm i see it in ur sig.

yes, your amp will allow you to cross them as high as 13k hz if you wanted. might not be able to get it EXACTLY at 5k using the little dial on the amp, but you can get it close enough to where itll sound good.

you only have 1 pair of mids and tweets now, to be honest, i wouldnt ADD anymore tweeters, ESPECIALLY supertweeters, to that setup. itll be too much tweeter. i have 2 ST200's in my car now, paired with 2 eminence Beta 8's, and its plenty of tweeter for me. my planned setup is going to be 16 mids (either 8s or 10s or both) with about 250w each, and even with all that, im only going to run 8 bullet tweeters with 100w a piece. (power acoustic NX5)

i like my ST200s though, but the 350s get louder, can be crossed a little lower, take more power (i think) but they're alot bigger lol. gmonk has 350's and they sound good.
Why are u switching from the 200's to the NX5's?? Is the NX5 something I should look into?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.