Need help finding ideal prefab ported box

I can't afford the one that eD sells, and I know what the plans are for their box... they have it on the website. the problem is having a local shop build it would cost too much, and I might as well just have eD ship it to me if I were going that route. I can buy a prefab box for about half what it would cost to have a shop or eD build the box for me. $200+ is a bit much for a ported box for 2 12s if you ask me, I know how much mdf costs per sheet.

this thread = fail

have someone build you a box. It would probably be cheaper, and will match your specs

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

I say build it yourself. It really isn't that hard. I am terrible with tools, but I have built two solid boxes. Been running one for about two years now. If you do not have a table saw, go to a lumber yard. They do pretty good cuts. When I built my first box after buying the wood and the tools specifically for building the box it cost me less than a prefab. My last box cost less than $20 to build using 3/4" MDF.

Sounddomain's subwoofer section has a thread showing how to calculate tuning as well as displacement for port, sub, etc.

Who can I have build me a box???? Everyone keeps saying have a box built, but nobody is recommending me any that I can have build it. Can someone on the forum build it for a reasonable price, if so, please let me know who so I can talk to them.

just build it yourself, its not that hard. home depot can make the cuts for u too for a fee, then all u have to do is piece it together...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.