Need Help Fast With Project

btnhfan
5,000+ posts

Hail to the King Baby!!!!
So my english teacher turned down my proposal for my senior project of building a 150db car with what I have already in my civic. I think she got the wrong idea though, because she thought it was "selfish of me to fix it up" and use this to do so. How can I convince her thats not what Im doing? Open to anything at all.

Some people are doing project like getting all the pizzia places to bring in pizza and see which one tastes the best. I guess she kinda misunderstood the project, because she thinks I will be making the car better or fixing it up. But thats not what I'm doing at all.

Some people are doing project like getting all the pizzia places to bring in pizza and see which one tastes the best.
No offense or anything, but **** ... that's just stupid. Oh well, just make sure you volunteer to test each pizza.

Do what was suggested above and explain the physics side of it. Maybe then she'll see you're out to learn something. It's all trial and error - trying to squeeze those tenths out of your car could mean you accomplishing your goal or not. I don't think your teacher realizes just how much of a time consuming and challenging project this could turn out to be.

- Steve

I know thats what she doesnt realize. So thats what I have to convey to her. If I could only get her to understand.... Well see how it goes tomorrow. Hopefully I can work my magic and get her to see the goal is to not fix up my car or make it better.

I know 150 wont be easy. Thats why I wanted to do it. It will be hard but I know Ill have fun doing it.

Well its funny you should ask that, because this project is given every year to seniors, and the project don't have to have anything to do with English at all. The only requirements are using a technological piece for the presentation, like powerpoint, and a few others. But its just assigned through the English Department.

also try to think of the car as another word for "environment"...use "a [insert adjectives here] environment" when you want to say "my car".

we had to do a sr project at my school as well. i agree with eveyrone else xplain the physics to her then she should go for it. 2 poeple at my school did that. they used words that she wouldnt under stand and tehy eventually gave up. but that would b a sweeet project good luck on getting it and accomplishing it

i have to do a snr proj next year and as ours goes as long as you have an experienced mentor and you can prove you learned something your set other then the report speech and 50 hours min.

ps im thinking about car audio for my project too any experienced mentors in the northern/central california willing to teach hehe

heh i had to do a senior project. mine was learning how to build a fiberglass box. had to get a mentor and log the hours. then give a presentation on the project then write a thesis paper relating to the project in some way. and if you didnt pass any part of it you had 1 more chance or you didnt get to walk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.