Need help determing What speakers fit my car

Participant count
  • Participant list
Are you keeping the factory radio? Changing the door speakers alone may not give you the results you expect. The front doors only play midbass frequencies, meaning the tweeters on those JL 6x9s will do nothing.

If Crutchfield's staff hasn't personally verified available mounting depth they will not recommend speaker upgrades for cars. Given how common the Camry is this is surprising, but they are being cautious. The fitment information I have says you have 4" of available mounting depth in the front doors and 5" of available mounting depth at the rear deck. This means most aftermarket 6x9 speakers should fit, but you must buy or make adapter plates. I recommend car-speaker-adapters.com

Yes I am keeping the factory radio. I will replace the front and rear speakers. So what you are saying is that any front speakers with tweeters are pointless? I got that same information from jbl's website and pioneer's website. Would you recommend I go with these for the rear? If not what should I go with for the rear (anything around that price range cause I heard Jl is overpriced)? I was going to get two pairs of those for both rear and front but i guess ill have to find another pair for the front right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.