Need help deciding

Participant count
  • Participant list

JaJay721
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NJ
Sorry for the lengthy post...

I'm not sure on which headunit to get for my system. I've already purchased these components:

PPI PCX 480 (80RMS x 4)

Infinity Perfects 6.1 Components (6.5" Component Set)

Infinity Kappa 692.5i (6x9 2-way)

I'm not planning on doing a sub right now but will be in the near future. I'd like to hear your opinions or any information you'd like to put out... especially head unit recommendations.

Although it is a bit more than I was willing to spend, I like this unit. I like that it is loaded with features, has a color display and when it's sitting off in my car, it won't look like something someone would want to steal.

Pioneer DEH-P860MP

I like this one for cheap 4v and I like the look of the unit which I don't usually like for Alpines. I also like that I don't have to flip down the face plate to change CDs. This should be enough for my needs.

Alpine CDA9287

I like this Clarion unit. I love it's look and the blue on black display. I don't think I like the cheaper Clarions and the more expensive ones are a bit more than I'm looking for.

Clarion DXZ745MP

I like the sleekness of this headunit, I am trying to stay away from flashy. I don't want it to look like something good to steal. This is very basic looking, almost stock... but has the Nak badge.

Nakamichi CD40Z

I'm not a fan of the new look for the Eclipse units, but I like their older line.

I like that the Clarion has dual 24bit DAC, but I'm not sure how the display will hold up in direct sunlight as far as viewing goes. The Alpine is the cheapest, but seems to be able to do all that I would need. The Pioneer seems great, a bit pricy and I'm sure it's just for the color screen. The Nak is sleek and nice, but pricy as well for what you get. I'm looking to get something that doesn't attract a lot of attention when the car is off sitting in a parking lot.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Well if you want a headunit that will cook you dinner while doing your taxes then get the Pioneer. If not, my vote goes to the Alpine. I do like Nakamichi, but like you already pointed out, it doesn't come with much. I'm neutral when it comes to Clarion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.