Need help deciding which alt to get!!!

singer alternators bro..order from him very professional ...excellent warrenty and best price i could find

Many may build a 300a for your ride, but if they actually put out 300a it will exceed the capacity of the 4-rib belt. 220a is about all it can handle without seeing serious slip.

Many may build a 300a for your ride, but if they actually put out 300a it will exceed the capacity of the 4-rib belt. 220a is about all it can handle without seeing serious slip.
What do you recommend then for my 4runner? I will be running about 7000+ watts to it within the next few months and I really need an alt that can handle.

Going bigger on the alternator won't do anything but create belt slip, reducing output and damaging the belt and possibly the alternator.

Keeping the engine above 1500rpm when playing at high volume levels will help a lot, that puts the alternator in it's max output range and has the best cooling with the engine speed elevated.

Converting to a 6-rib belt or mounting a second unit on a separate belt may help if you have the ability.

I would recommend the largest XS Power battery you can handle under the hood, 2 XP3000's in the rear and our 220a unit as the starting point.

220 amps x 14.7 volts= 3234 watts. If you REALLY want a 7000 watt system, i'm sure you'll have no problem paying for a custom bracket to be made to mount a second 220 amp alternator.

440x14.7=6468 at 100% efficiency, which is unheard of.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.