need help deciding on amp for my new subs

The p1222's have dual 2 ohm voice coils. The factory specs on these subs say 400w rms/sub but I have heard from a lot of people that they can handle more.

thanks for the advice on the aq amp. I went to their website and I really like the way they say their products are made. But are they really that well built?

I have another question about the JBL P1222's. The spec sheet that came with the subs states that they need 1.75 cubic ft. for a ported box with a 4" x 10.75" port. Do I need to adjust the box size for the space the sub and port take?

thanks for the advice on the aq amp. I went to their website and I really like the way they say their products are made. But are they really that well built?
Very well built. Don't get me wrong, better can be found, but you'll pay for it. For the money, you're getting more than your moneys worth and I really wouldn't spend any more on those subs.

I have another question about the JBL P1222's. The spec sheet that came with the subs states that they need 1.75 cubic ft. for a ported box with a 4" x 10.75" port. Do I need to adjust the box size for the space the sub and port take?
Yes, you need that volume after sub and port displacement. I'd have someone on here make you a nice design. RAM_Designs does good work. Then build yourself. if you can't build, you can use the rest of that budget to have one built.

I decided to go with mtxjh1200 (800w@2ohms). I got the amp home and the spec sheet says it actally pushes 953w @ 2 ohms. I have it hooked up with 0 gauge wire with a 125a inline fuse with 2 shuriken bt60 batteries. I built a ported box(2.1cu.ft./sub). How long should I break the subs in before I really put the power to them?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.