Need help deciding between two diffrent subwoofers

idan167

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hello,
so i have a sundown sa10, 750 rms subwoofer and i have a chance replacing this sub with two Seismic Audio sa-laf122.
would it be a good choise considering it is rated more than the sundown and i get two subs?
i mean the sundown is a beast (for me at least) but im not sure about the Seismic Audio as a brand, are they good? is it worth it?

I'm not familiar with those subs, but do you have the room for 2 12s? Assuming they can handle rated power, do you have 2200 watts to give them?

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with those subs, but do you have the room for 2 12s? Assuming they can handle rated power, do you have 2200 watts to give them?
i have the room and a good enough amplifier, i dont belive i will push them to max considering i will have two of them

What amplifier exactly? Those would be Dual 2 ohm subwoofers so either 2 ohm load at the amplifier or 0.5 ohm load or 8 ohm at the amplifier. You would want Dual 1 ohm or Dual 4 ohm if running 2 of those for a 1 ohm load at the amplifier if it is capable of that. So need to figure all that out as well.

edit: after looking at them on amazon they look to be typical cookie cutter 12" 1000 watt subwoofers. Think I would stay with Sundown if it was me or upgrade to a different set from sundown over them.

Last edited:
What amplifier exactly? Those would be Dual 2 ohm subwoofers so either 2 ohm load at the amplifier or 0.5 ohm load or 8 ohm at the amplifier. You would want Dual 1 ohm or Dual 4 ohm if running 2 of those for a 1 ohm load at the amplifier if it is capable of that. So need to figure all that out as well.

edit: after looking at them on amazon they look to be typical cookie cutter 12" 1000 watt subwoofers. Think I would stay with Sundown if it was me or upgrade to a different set from sundown over them.
i have taramps 3k cant remember the exact model, do they really look that bad? i dont have a problem staying with the sundown but if its worth it i would really like to upgrade to these subs, but if you say they are trash then i wont. i only buy them for 80$, its from a friend.

I saw on youtube "Parker The Basshead" review of basically the same sub, it seemed to look kind of ok although you cant judge from a video, but he said its a nice sub for the price, but the question is really is it worth it to have two of them and replace it with my sundown

Last edited:
i have taramps 3k cant remember the exact model, do they really look that bad? i dont have a problem staying with the sundown but if its worth it i would really like to upgrade to these subs, but if you say they are trash then i wont. i only buy them for 80$, its from a friend.
For $80 bucks Id try them out. You would spend that on a single fair to mediocre sub to be honest

The SD. SA subs never met my expectations after several enclosures wasting my time and $. Went with an AB XFL, and never looked back. Sold off the 2 month old SD. SA 12s. Good Riddens!!

For 80 bucks yeah might be worth it as long as the coils look good and they test out okay. Being dual 2 ohm though wire them to a 2 ohm load like the link below. I don't think I would buy them new but that is just me. And personally I stay away from anything AB anymore. Audiobaun doesn't or won't use Sundown because Jacob said something that pissed some people off which is understandable. But Sundown isn't owned by Jacob anymore.

Last edited:
I think the bottom line is unless i hear the SA out and see if i like it or not, it is not worth it to let go the SD that fast.. the two SA's probably will be louder but cant compare to the built and sound quality of the SD i guess.
Did i understand right?

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...