Two 12'' Vs. One 15'' Subwoofer

well if you have proper power....box size...and have a good install w/ both...the 12's (as long as you use the same model 12 and 15) should get louder and have better sq.....(sound quality)

its all on installation and brand....say u get like 2 shitty low end subs and install them theorically perfect they are definetly going to be better then the not so good installed 15...but if u get a really good installation on a really good 15...it can be good too...i like 2 12's personally cause i like the look of two subs beating together...

The first guy got it pretty good. Typically the the two 12's will play louder, because there is more cone area moving air than one 15. It is true that the larger cone can typically play lower frequencys, but in a car it's not noticable enough to make a difference. The two 12's on a good amp should be able to bump loud and deep enough for anybody.

P.

Hi again ... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

& thx 4 u all ..but i think 2 12s ll give more louder but the 15 will be deeper !!

& i care about the deep not the load ..

Thx

Id go with 1 15. While the two 12's may have more output, its more badass to have one really loud sub playin. And it will go much deeper, and bass is all about hittin low notes so Im a big 15" fan. 12's are too middle of the road for me. If you want great SQ go for 8's or 10's, but if you want real solid knock your ass off bass, go for the 15. 12's sound good and get low alright, but does not excell in either category as much as some other sizes can. This however, is all dependant on the install. But if you do it right, id say go for one 15 ported to 32 HZ

Hey appreciate everything you guys at SSA do! You think a single sub is better for daily, I've always ran multiples but am getting really curious about a good single 15( thinkn evil) as iv only got about 4.5 cubes net. I
just always heard power compression lowers single sub setups performance a lot. Iv seen the vids on the evils wow 115 should be enough in a civic lol

really.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...