Need help choosing subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list
Need help determining what subwoofer to buy, I own a 1200W ZX series kicker amp and don't plan on selling it nor do i want to buy another amp, so i'm looking for a sub that can handle that power daily and will last me, i've looked into Sundown SA-15 D2 but unsure if it can handle 1200W it is rated at 600W but people say it'll want more. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif I know a lot of people say if you gotta ask, don't do it so that's why i'm here to take suggestions.

It would if you set it clean.

If you want a little more piece of mind, run a 3" coil. Fu1250, fi ssd, sq hds315, ab xfl 15 come to mind

Much better? Have you tested them side by side?

Im a huge ssa fan, and the icon is indeed a good driver... but i think this statement is misleading

Much better? Have you tested them side by side?
Im a huge ssa fan, and the icon is indeed a good driver... but i think this statement is misleading
I've owned both. Build quality alone, the SSA is a much better driver. That's not taking into the fact that it played relatively flat for me and required very little adjustment via my RTA measurements. That's dependent on a lot of other factors but yes, I can confidently say the Icon is significantly better.

Thanks for response. I owned an xcon and to this day is my favorite sub... but often lately people have been making A > B statements without direct firsthand experience

Thanks for response. I owned an xcon and to this day is my favorite sub... but often lately people have been making A > B statements without direct firsthand experience
I'm guessing it was easier to get a flat response because it already has a very low FS out of the box and had less rolloff below tuning because of this.

For budget/loud though I am a huge fan of the Soundqubed and AB drivers.

In my personal order (from the ones you mentioned) I'd go with the Icon, FI, FU(Unfortunately Frank doesn't post T/S), XFL, Soundqubed(only because of the new baskets vs the XFL)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.