need help building a box

Ok here is where I am going to disagree. Maybe it is a matter of personal opinion, but most any sub in a car or not that is larger than 12" does not have as much control as a smaller sub. Yes as it is ported etc it can give off a lower end gain in DB, but I personally see it as not worth it. I prefer not to have such a muddy bass line as I do a sharp clean one that I have found over the years to be better suited in a sealed enclosure. Arguing numbers all day long till I am blue in the face will not help much of anything, but I know for fact that average human hearing does not hear so well at 30hz range either way and that it is a matter of personal opinion and preference as to what type of enclsure to utilize.

Who cares if it is 30hz or 50-80hz you are feeling when it is running at 155db or greater thru ur body? LMAO

I design hard to fit boxes for cars and trucks, If you got the dimentions of where your going to put it, the size of the cut-out for the subs, and the air space needed, send them to me and I'll see what I can come up with. I have a 3-D program at home that lets me design just about anything I want.

Originally posted by jmk076 I design hard to fit boxes for cars and trucks, If you got the dimentions of where your going to put it, the size of the cut-out for the subs, and the air space needed, send them to me and I'll see what I can come up with. I have a 3-D program at home that lets me design just about anything I want.

Hmmmm well lots of folks come here and can use 3d programs to come up with things like that, but are you actually spending the more difficult time in calculating airspace with this program and the acoustics of the enclosures you are designing? That is where it takes a bit more talent and skill and why MOST will charge for such designs.

By the way.... I see ur from New Orleans? What part and or do you work at a local shop? I am from there, just transplaneted in the last month or so up to Minnesota

Originally posted by Alaxan Hmmmm well lots of folks come here and can use 3d programs to come up with things like that, but are you actually spending the more difficult time in calculating airspace with this program and the acoustics of the enclosures you are designing? That is where it takes a bit more talent and skill and why MOST will charge for such designs.

By the way.... I see ur from New Orleans? What part and or do you work at a local shop? I am from there, just transplaneted in the last month or so up to Minnesota
I live in Gretna, I work at a shipyard, and just design boxes for the fun of it at home. My install of my truck was done myself, in my driveway. I used the program to build the box that's in my truck now.I use Autocad. which is an industrial drafting program. All you have to do is draw the side of one chamber and it will calculate volume of one side. then you multiply that by the depth of the chamber and divide it by 1728 and BINGO......cubic ft.

If you want to see more info and a drawing I have for my new box for my truck go to:

http://members.sounddomain.com/jmk076

This site shows alot more info on my truck.

What part of New Orleans are you living in?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by jmk076 I live in Gretna, I work at a shipyard, and just design boxes for the fun of it at home. My install of my truck was done myself, in my driveway. I used the program to build the box that's in my truck now.I use Autocad. which is an industrial drafting program. All you have to do is draw the side of one chamber and it will calculate volume of one side. then you multiply that by the depth of the chamber and divide it by 1728 and BINGO......cubic ft.

If you want to see more info and a drawing I have for my new box for my truck go to:

http://members.sounddomain.com/jmk076

This site shows alot more info on my truck.

What part of New Orleans are you living in?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I am from Harvey for the better half of my life tho have lived all over the city and even states. I am up in Minnesota right now tho. If I was down tho would love to show off my custom 2002 Explorer Limited V8, but **** maybe when I am down again for holidays or Mardi Gras can hook up for a beer.

Which shipyard are you working for? I used to sub-contract for most of them in the area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.