Need help badly 😢

Participant count
  • Participant list

Teuchter77

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys/girls new to the group, I have a question I bought a car about 6 months ago and it came with a nice head unit a pioneer avic-f50bt but the problem I'm having is I can't seem to get my phone screen on the unit screen, connects through blue tooth fine for audio but thats it, I have appradio installed on my phone but can't seem to get that to connect and the app button just stays grayed out, been driving me nuts for months. All the cables are there for connecting like hdmi and a iphone connector but cause I use a Samsung android phone that's no use to me and I have tried multiple adapters for the hdmi with no luck, I'm googled out and now desperate 🤣 sorry for the grammar

Thanks in advance

Are you certain that that head unit offers screen mirroring feature? I haven't used a Pioneer in a long while but I have noticed with other brands that many of the android app functions will NOT work via bluetooth and ONLY will work when phone is connected by wire to the USB.

I suspect true screen mirroring would be a bit of a liability for manufacturers if some shithead is watching ticktock or something while trying to drive and wrecks.

Are you certain that that head unit offers screen mirroring feature? I haven't used a Pioneer in a long while but I have noticed with other brands that many of the android app functions will NOT work via bluetooth and ONLY will work when phone is connected by wire to the USB.

I suspect true screen mirroring would be a bit of a liability for manufacturers if some shithead is watching ticktock or something while trying to drive and wrecks
It's appradio I'm trying to get to work but just does not connect

Thanks in
Try a Microsoft Display Adapter. I use an old LG G7 and it works fine. I used to have an OBD2 bt scanner that would cast a nice display onto the screen. It would show speed, RPM, voltage, engine temperature, et cetera. It was the OBDlink MX+.
Screenshot_20230422-080903(1).png

Last edited:
Hopefully someone else knows. I had tried to screen mirror to a few different head units in the past with varying degrees of success and eventually just gave up and put my media on USB sticks.
It's really annoying 🤣 I did get it to work with a firestick but it was to laggy and didn't work with the touchscreen on the unit plus had to use dex to get it to do anything

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...