need help asap wiring amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

filthyfiresnake
10+ year member

Maryland
Hey all, i have a question (obviously) i recently purchased an american legacy amp and a couple of crystal audio subs offa friend of mine...the system was complete and fully functioning in his vehicle, we pulled it today, and i went home. i hooked up the power cable to the positive post on my battery (the amp is 800 peak watts, no clue what it is rms), hooked it up to the +12v input on the amp, hooked up the ground cable, the patch (rca) cables, and the speaker cable. now the part im confoosled about is this: what im FAIRLY SURE is the remote wire comes offa the wiring harness from my head unit (tis an aftermarket jvc...the exact model eludes me) im sure its the remote because it was just a stray wire coming out of the harness that didnt go to anything. if for some reason this isnt the remote wire, would my amp still turn on since its going direct to the battery? (and yes i put the fuse in, 60 amp-er) HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

not all remote wires are blue. but anyway, here's how you can test to see if that is the remote wire: take a 12v car light bulb about 500ma or less and touch the stray wire to one prong and touch the other prong to a metal part of the car , then turn the radio on then off then on and off again, if the light comes on with the radio, than that's the remote wire. or if you have a test light or volt meter that's way better to use because you dont want your hand to slip and let the remote wire touch a metal part of the car.

also, the remote wire is supposed to turn the amp on and off when you turn the radio off, other wise, when you turned your car off at night the amp would still be on, so, if that isnt the remote wire i wouldn't use it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.