Need help ASAP! Please - Static Audio

Participant count
  • Participant list

Neil79

CarAudio.com Newbie
Herne
I recently fit a new car audio unit to the car with the correct BMW iso fitment, and at first it sounded great. But within a certain period of time I get a lot of static/hiss noise which gets ever louder through the USB input and Bluebooth while I drive. I stop the car, put it into ignition and the audio changes tone. Turn the car off, back on and the noise is gone, only for it to re-appear again as I drive.

Video Provided
https://streamable.com/d71eog

Please please help :(

Almost sounds like a ground loop? But why that’d happen with USB I don’t know. Have you tried moving the phone around/unplugging it and does it happen listening to the radio/CDs? Checking the ground would be a good first step. Could be lose or just not a good ground. But that wouldn’t depend on the audio source. Maybe some of the speaker wires aren’t connected properly and are grounding out? Personally I think that’s the most likely given that it’s intermittent. But, again, it’d be the same regardless of the audio source. If you installed it yourself I’d pull it out and check all connections.

Many stock head units have volume and even speed dependent EQ, but I’m assuming the HU is what you replaced and are having issues with? I’m no expert on this subject but hopefully the answers to some of the questions I’ve asked will help someone more knowledgeable give you a good answer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...