Need help asap huge problem!!!!

Nutdawg651

CarAudio.com Elite
Has anyone ever had this issue , ill be driving and the radio will just cut off then turn right back on? , ill turn the radio up past 25 same issue , ill hit a bump same issue ,this has been going on for a week or two and my sub hasnt been hitting like it usual would , then yesterday I was driving and all the sudden it started hittin hard af again??? Wtf is that how do I fix it , thanks....... and its not my grounds or fuses , please make sur to read the post before saying over and over to check them I already did

have you getting wiring going to the headunit for shorts? i had a weird problem like that and had a wire pulled out of harness in the back of the radio...

It cant be a loose wire I use connectors crimped to all the wires , and this a happened with a diff deck I took it out and put my old one back in same prob , their both brand new decks that were working just fine now all the sudden this is happening

check the rca cable
Its not my rcas , I use a converter thru the speaker wire in my trunk, I said im having problems with my head unit cutting in and out???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Ill check out the harness too thanks

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

have you getting wiring going to the headunit for shorts? i had a weird problem like that and had a wire pulled out of harness in the back of the radio...
I got ahold of sq im just waitng on a reply think hes at lunch

i'd get rid of that converter... i got a brand new one in my trunk, hooked up but i don't use it... sh1t why u using a converter? toss that sh1t do a quick hook up with rcas to the back of the hu, see if you still got the problem...

Naw thats not it ive been running it for two year because behind my deck it has a bracket that prevents me installing any aftermarket decks so I had to go out and find a half din to fit in there so I have to use it , and ive ran rcas outside the car just to make sure and thats not it , im tryna figure why the hu keeps cutting out , ......... Talked to zach at sq and he said it would be 260 to repair those with a 2 week turn around

well i had that problem too. it turned out the rca cable i had was crap. so i swapped it out n it wa gone
So you rcas made your head unit turn off and turn back on while your driving? Highly unlikely

95% of the time it is a slight short in a speaker wire. the deck shuts off to protect itself then comes back on. the intermittent short happens on bumps or when above a certain volume level when the voltage is high enough to bridge the gap. it is usually just a wire strand or two.

it happens with crimp connectors because inevitably you will end up with a wire strand that doesn't get fully inserted and pushes back out. then it can touch metal or another wire strand. note that every wire on a head unit speaker output is "hot" because the signals are "bridged" or "balanced".

this also happens at the speaker terminals with a wire strand, damaged tinsel lead, or damaged connections at the speakers that causes a tinsel lead to float.

the only way to truly prevent this from happening is solder and heat shrink all connections. or individually tape or heat shrink each crimp connection to fully insulate each one separately.

if you crimp them and then bundle then tape you will get a wire strand or two shorting out on occasion.

Naw thats not it ive been running it for two year because behind my deck it has a bracket that prevents me installing any aftermarket decks so I had to go out and find a half din to fit in there so I have to use it , and ive ran rcas outside the car just to make sure and thats not it , im tryna figure why the hu keeps cutting out , ......... Talked to zach at sq and he said it would be 260 to repair those with a 2 week turn around
get a half in dash kit that brings ur hu forward!!! thats what i had to do to my dads sh1t!!!

95% of the time it is a slight short in a speaker wire. the deck shuts off to protect itself then comes back on. the intermittent short happens on bumps or when above a certain volume level when the voltage is high enough to bridge the gap. it is usually just a wire strand or two.
it happens with crimp connectors because inevitably you will end up with a wire strand that doesn't get fully inserted and pushes back out. then it can touch metal or another wire strand. note that every wire on a head unit speaker output is "hot" because the signals are "bridged" or "balanced".

this also happens at the speaker terminals with a wire strand, damaged tinsel lead, or damaged connections at the speakers that causes a tinsel lead to float.

the only way to truly prevent this from happening is solder and heat shrink all connections. or individually tape or heat shrink each crimp connection to fully insulate each one separately.

if you crimp them and then bundle then tape you will get a wire strand or two shorting out on occasion.
^^^ this lol^^^ he's probably most accurate!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.