Need help/advice finishing my system.

bbka
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I got myself a new daily driver the other day that didn't have anything as far as a stereo, it's an 89 Civic hatchback. I listen to everything (country, punk, alternative, rock, rap, etc...). I just need a little help deciding on what sub and enclosure to go with. I want something that will sound good with as much punch as possible for what I got already. I kinda tried to keep this a budget system and haven't spent too much so far, so I'd be willing to spend around $300 give or take on a decent sub setup and box (I plan on building my own box).

So here's the system I bought, should be here this wednesday... Pioneer CD player, 6.5" Infinity Reference 2-way speakers, and a Rockford Fosgate P2502 amp (60rms x 2 @ 4 ohm or 60rms x 2 @ 2 ohm) to run the the highs. For my sub amp I bought a Rockford Fosgate P3001 (150rms x 1 @ 4 ohm or 300rms x 1 @ 2 ohm), but from what I have read puts out more like 400rms @ 2 ohm.

I did a little reading around this website and it looks like the "install" is everything. I also noticed size isn't that big of an issue, moving air is what it's all about. I don't want to get too fancy so I'm just planning on a basic sealed box. I need a sub that can be wired to 2 ohm and can handle around 300-400rms (I was thinking a single 10 or maybe even 12). What I want to know is what all you guys with little hatchbacks reccomend? What setup sounds best and will hit hard in that kinda car?

Also I am a little concerned whatever sub I go with will drown out my highs, since I am only running 2 speakers up front, so I might get some 6x9's down the road if I can find a place to put them. You all think I will have trouble hearing my highs?

Oh and I already have a sub in mind, but I'd rather not say the brand since I don't want to start a war about what sub is better lol. I'm open to any suggestions about what sub setup will work best with the system I already have though.

Thanks in advance!

So after doing a little more research on this site I have come to find out my Infinity Reference speakers blow ass? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif Guess I'll send those back when I get them and look for another pair or coaxials or maybe even a decent component set.

Any input on the sub/enclousure I should go with in my hatch?

You might consider an AA assasin from what I have read they sound good and are very inexpensive for the budget system...like 90 shipped for a 12

i have references and i like em, granted i havnt heard much else //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm planning on getting 2 8" Assassins, everyone seems to agree that those rock pretty hard and sound good. And the 12" Assassin is basically the same, only bigger (pretty sure it has the same magnet and stuff). I believe it's rated for 350w RMS, but people told me my two 8"s would handle 500w each...

I haven't heard them personally, but everyone tells me they're excellent //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

So I got myself a new daily driver the other day that didn't have anything as far as a stereo, it's an 89 Civic hatchback. I listen to everything (country, punk, alternative, rock, rap, etc...). I just need a little help deciding on what sub and enclosure to go with. I want something that will sound good with as much punch as possible for what I got already. I kinda tried to keep this a budget system and haven't spent too much so far, so I'd be willing to spend around $300 give or take on a decent sub setup and box (I plan on building my own box).
So here's the system I bought, should be here this wednesday... Pioneer CD player,
What model?

6.5" Infinity Reference 2-way speakers,
Bleh @ the Reference-series coaxs...

and a Rockford Fosgate P2502 amp (60rms x 2 @ 4 ohm or 60rms x 2 @ 2 ohm) to run the the highs.
It makes the same power @ 4 and 2 Ohms loading?!

For my sub amp I bought a Rockford Fosgate P3001 (150rms x 1 @ 4 ohm or 300rms x 1 @ 2 ohm), but from what I have read puts out more like 400rms @ 2 ohm.
mmKay...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.