Need help about these speakers I bought.

Participant count
  • Participant list
View attachment 26555244View attachment 26555243I have bought these subwoofers used, with simply barely any deep knowledge about them .

I'll tell you what I do know:

They are inverted in a bandpass box.

The drivers are (2003 series) MTX Thunder6000 (don't know if they are duel 4 ohms or single, how would I tell?)

Can someone help me in the direction of wiring, and which amp should I buy?

Also, anything else you feel like you need to tell me (ie reason the box is like this)

i know it's old af. lmao but im looking to get started with these.

Here are the specs.

75f2dc0a8f.png

Dual voice coil will have 2 positive and 2 negatives to hook up to the amp. One of each for each coil. Once we find out which one it is, choosing an amplifier is possible

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

To add. The box is like that because we though it was cool around that time. It's a 4th order bandpass. To be effective they would be twice that size. They sound horrible.

I have a MTX RT12-200 12-inch Road Thunder Speaker with a built in amp and recently it stopped working suddenly and I inspected it and found that the rca cable connection was very loose and I was hoping someone could have an answer on how to fix it. I don't want to buy anything unless I have to and was hoping maybe if only have to buy a new rca cable and it wasn't the connections in the amp that were busted. Thanks for your help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.