Need help…

Participant count
  • Participant list

ArmaniT

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oregon
So I have a kenwood kdc-bt34 deck single din just bought 2 days ago and hooked it up to my kenwood x501-1amp which is hooked up to my 10inch dual voice coil alpine type r subwoofer running at 500rms 1000 watts. On 8 gauge wire for power wire and ground. My problem is my amp has been getting power while the car is off 13-13.75 but when I turn my stereo on it drops to 0.55 (remote wire)doesn’t turn off the amp but when I get my volume up to 10-15 the subs hits a few times then shuts off the amp. I had just replaced all of the wiring to. So I’m not sure what it could be anymore I’ve sent the amp to kenwood repairs but they said they found nothing wrong with it. I’ve had this set up for over a year and it was working just perfectly fine.

I had just replaced all of the wiring to.
The voltage drop and amp powering down may be attributed to a weak power/ground connection. Make sure all bolts/nuts and crimps are tight, ground point clean. As for amp not shutting down, it could be a strand of wire making the jump from remote to power. Also verify that it is connected to the remote and not the power antenna. Since the amp has been ruled out as a culprit, only the wiring is suspect since it is the only thing that has changed.

The voltage drop and amp powering down may be attributed to a weak power/ground connection. Make sure all bolts/nuts and crimps are tight, ground point clean. As for amp not shutting down, it could be a strand of wire making the jump from remote to power. Also verify that it is connected to the remote and not the power antenna. Since the amp has been ruled out as a culprit, only the wiring is suspect since it is the only thing that has changed.

I bought new power wire it is getting the same voltage I made sure the crimps and wires were tight. But I will try a new spot for my ground. This started happening with my other kennwood deck kdc x399 it said “check wiring” so replaced that with this new one and new wires and still did the same thing. But no check wire came on.

my other kennwood deck kdc x399 it said “check wiring” so replaced that with this new one and new wires and still did the same thing. But no check wire came on.
I did not know this feature existed, I like it. The warning probably means to check the wiring of the radio itself. Did you replace the radio harness as well? With your symptoms and this warning, it seems as if some wires are touching and causing mayhem.

I did not know this feature existed, I like it. The warning probably means to check the wiring of the radio itself. Did you replace the radio harness as well? With your symptoms and this warning, it seems as if some wires are touching and causing mayhem.
Yes I replace the whole deck and faceplate and it came with a new harness no warning signs or anything after I installed. But I’m still getting a full drop of power on the remote wire when I start the car.
Test the power and negative I have 14.30-14.32 test the remote has that when car is off turn it on goes down to 0.55 for remote but I replaced that wire all of the wires.
The weird thing is that the amp still stays on until the volume goes to 10-15 with the sub on with low bass hits a few notes then amp shuts off

Attachments

• 377CB111-F6C9-43E2-8762-578A43010CB8.png
    377CB111-F6C9-43E2-8762-578A43010CB8.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Test the power and negative I have 14.30-14.32 test the remote has that when car is off turn it on goes down to 0.55 for remote but I replaced that wire all of the wires.
Disconnect remote wire on the amp. Now connect a piece of wire from amp positive to amp remote. Amp should stay on and play. If not, power wiring could be loose. I know you checked already, but does not hurt to do again. Another probability is the amp may be bad, I know it got tested once, so it is good to do your own test. To test amp, connect it directly to the battery. This will rule out any bad wiring or grounding point. If it stays on, wiring will be the culprit.

Disconnect remote wire on the amp. Now connect a piece of wire from amp positive to amp remote. Amp should stay on and play. If not, power wiring could be loose. I know you checked already, but does not hurt to do again. Another probability is the amp may be bad, I know it got tested once, so it is good to do your own test. To test amp, connect it directly to the battery. This will rule out any bad wiring or grounding point. If it stays on, wiring will be the culprit.
So I’m getting the correct amount of voltage for everything now but the amp still shuts off around 10-15 volume… so my guess the amp is **** out and kenwood lied to me about it being fine… guess they probably just don’t want to give me another amp even though it’s still under warranty.

Attachments

• 9C3A4DA3-F40D-4DE3-BB4C-24AC9C1ACD4D.jpeg
    9C3A4DA3-F40D-4DE3-BB4C-24AC9C1ACD4D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • B5D7C2CA-8E1D-454B-8DF3-3D039688814E.jpeg
    B5D7C2CA-8E1D-454B-8DF3-3D039688814E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 112
A blown speaker can play but can also short out at higher volumes. I would go through everything connected to the amp.

What is your high pass crossover set at for your mids?

Amp may still be fine. Direct battery test is to see if amp is ok. If amp works good with direct test, then the power wires will be the culprit.
I actually just got an oil change and they checked the battery and it was ok and the power wire is brand new

A blown speaker can play but can also short out at higher volumes. I would go through everything connected to the amp.

I have no clue I’ve taken this to a stereo shop and had them look at my setting and they said it was fine but I just got a new bt34 kennwood deck and didn’t touch anything on it

Attachments

• B7495428-80DE-4189-A895-8D44650622CB.jpeg
    B7495428-80DE-4189-A895-8D44650622CB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...