Need DSP Recommendations & Wanting to hook up a TV Tuner to my JVC KW-NT800HDT

Participant count
  • Participant list

TexasThump
10+ year member

Enid, OK
Hey guys,

I need recommendations for a TV Tuner to pick up tv stations, preferrably HD Radio stations so that I can plug it into my JVC KW-NT800HDT and my DVD Player in my Center Console that is hooked up to my two rear headrest monitors. Do they make HD TV Tuners for vehicles?

Also I have a Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, which I previously used in my previous vehicle before I got my Navigation unit to SUM for OEM source. It can also be utilized for aftermarket radios, but it doesn't have the features that I need/want. I need Digital Time Alignment and want full octive and phase control. I have compiled a list of several which many are expensive. I also have a center channel speaker that I will be upgrading once I figure out what size the center speaker is in the Nissan Armada's. The Pioneer DEQ-P8000 really catches my attention as it has Dolby Digital, Dolby DTS, Dolby Pro-Logic II which will be great to use in unison with my center channel speaker while playing DVD's either from my Navigation Screen or my DVD Player in the center console, which I am thinking of replacing. I'm going to do some research on the DVD player I have installed to see if it could be improved by upgrading it to a better one. Something with better screen or playback quality and Dolby.

Pioneer DEQ-P8000 - $399.99

Pioneer

Alpine PXA-H800 (Does this have Digital Time Alignment? I don't see that it says anything about T/A on WoofersEtc.com)

Alpine KTX-PXA-PKG - $169.99

(Packaged with the H100 $149.99 and the KTX-H100 Software $29.99)

Alpine PXE-650 - $399.99

JBL MS-8 Digital Sound Processor - $699.99

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 - $469.99

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 - Can be found used for around $150

The thing I don't like about the 3Sixty.1 and 3Sixty.2 is the lack of supported devices to set up and configure via Bluetooth. I mean, who has a Palm Pilot anymore? I have to use my massive 18.4" laptop to configure. I believe the 3Sixty.3 has a larger range of compatable devices.

It is not the most technical tuning device. It only has 2 inch T/A increments and only 5 ms of delay available.

If I opt for the Alpine, do I need to have an Alpine HeadUnit?

The downside to the Pioneer Unit is that if I want full control, I need a Pioneer Unit. I was actually going to get an AVIC-N1, but the guy at the store talked me out of it and talked me into the JVC, which I am happy that I did, because with the Pioneer unit, I would have to purchase a separate brain for Live Traffic, which the JVC has NavTraffic built into the unit already and Traffic is important to me, or atleast it was when I lived in Dallas. It's not so much now that I live in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma, but hoping to get back to Dallas soon.

Here is what my system will consist of in my full sized Nissan Armada. I don't want to hear anything about rear fill as I will have passengers in my 2nd row AND 3rd row.

Front: Focal Utopia 6W2 6.5" Component Speakers

Audiopipe AQX-360.4 4 channel amp bridged for 250wrms x's 2

Rear: Focal K2p 6.5" Component Speakers

Old School Planet Audio TT4200 (Last U.S. made amp with the ZED Board and is HIGHLY underrated)

It's a 4 channel amp rated at 50 x's 4 @ 4 ohm, but I have read that it's more like 100wrms x 4 @ 4 ohm so bridged should be roughly 200-225wrms x's 2 @ 4 ohms bridged

3rd Row: I'm thinking about installing a set of Focal Performance PS165's I have just sitting here in the 3rd row by either drilling out a 6 1/2" hole for my midbass and placing the tweeter in a good location for the 3rd row passengers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.