Need Audio Expert Help!

Rukuzz
10+ year member

I have a sony amp 2150gsx bridged 380w running 2 15" punch series 1 woofers.

I've noticed the lights on my truck (2001 toyota tundra) lights dim when the bass hits hard (mostly with rap music).

Will a 1farad or .5farad cap be enough? I'm not a comp guy just looking or something nice sounding. I'm looking to switch to 2-JL 10wOs because one of the 15"s is blown & I wan to have enough power for the JLs.

Has anyone heard of the Tsunami caps

It would be a far better idea to either rewind your alternator, or get another battery. A capacitor merely alleviates the pressure on your electrical system when it is working properly (no light dims) and helps it to run more smoothly.

Does it make a difference that the dimming only happens at a stop? I'd think it'd be kinda expensive to get a new alt. or rewind it! My truck is farily new & I'm not into competition. I'm hoping the cap may relieve the pressure on my electircal!

Any ideas

Don't listen to that kid. from what your saying you want a cheap yet good fix for you current problem, right? if so, a cap is the perfect solution. it's cheap and it will fix your problem with your lights. i had the same problem with my car and i threw in a 1farad cap and my lights don't dim any more. the rule of thumb for cap sizes is: for every 1000W your system puts out, you should use a 1 farad cap. so if you put 500w you'll get a .5 farad cap, but if you put out 1000w you'll need a 1 farad cap, and so on. so if your pushing 380w get a .5 farad cap. it doesn't really matter what cap you get because they all are almost a like, no real differences. some might come with a volt meter.

hope this helped

lata

I think for now I'll go with the 1farad Tsunami cap just incase I decide to upgrade my stock speakers later on.

I have a toyota tundra and the alt. would definetly be very expensive rewound or higher output.

When I first started this I never thought I would be talking wire guages, caps, speaker and all this other stuff.

I've created a monster of myself!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

And my pocket is taking a large hit! LOL!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.