• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

I need an amp that would power an Infinity Perfect 12" subwoofer. I have looked at the JBL 300.1 and that says it has 300watts RMS which would go well with the 350watt RMS on the sub. I just don't know. Also, should I get the DVC or SVC sub? Both are rated at 4ohms with 350watts RMS and 1400watts peak. Please I need some help!

For the sub, I would get the DVC. More/easier wiring options. That JBL should be fine. Other amps to look at: RF Punch 360.2, US Acoustics (class D amp). There are many other decent amps that would work, but these are within the JBL price range.

I have now added both of those to my list. Any one have any other suggestions. On some other forums some poeple have said the JBL 600.1 would work. Wouldn't that over power the sub?

the amount of power doesnt matte that much

to me when it sounds like sh** that too much power

just watch for excusion

Originally posted by Unregistered I need an amp that would power an Infinity Perfect 12" subwoofer. I have looked at the JBL 300.1 and that says it has 300watts RMS which would go well with the 350watt RMS on the sub. I just don't know. Also, should I get the DVC or SVC sub? Both are rated at 4ohms with 350watts RMS and 1400watts peak. Please I need some help!
The JBL and a Perfect DVC 12 will be your best route.

This way you can wire the coils in paralel for a 2 ohm mono load to the amplifier and increased output.

take it easy,

-zane

the 600 would be over kill and for at best a 3db gain? save the cash i bet the 300.1 would step up on a dvc besides if the speaker cant take it why base an everyday system on over kill? (everyday meaning you are going to use it for YOUR enjoyment day in and out and dependability prolly would mean a hell of alot more to you)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.