need an amp for my 13.5 inch JL adio W7

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello all,

I have a 13.5 inch JL audio sub. I need a new amp just to run this sub by itself. Here are the specs...

13W7AE-D1.5(Model) 13.5-inch (345 mm) Subwoofer Driver

Continuous Power Handling (RMS) 1500 W

Recommended RMS Amplifier Power 500 - 1500 W

Nominal Impedance (Znom) Dual 1.5 Ω voice coils

price isn't really a problem, just want to make sure everything goes together and works properly and efficiently. The part that gets me is that above it states that the recommended RMS amp power is between 500 and 1500. That's a pretty big gap. I prefer to go with a Rockford amp, mono of course, but don't know if I need the 1000 or the 1500 watt amp. thinking about the Rockford Fosgate Power T1500-1bdCP 1500 watt amp. thnx guys

Well you either have to wire to .75 or 3. A short answer is the RF 1500 will work for you, but it may not be the best choice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.